DALLAS, June 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
The report "Wireless Broadband in Public Safety - Advanced Technologies and Global Market (2010 - 2015)" provides extensive analysis of "wireless broadband in public safety market" including current market trends, industry drivers, and challenges for better understanding of the market. This report covers the strategies followed by "wireless broadband in public safety market" players.
Browse market data tables and in-depth TOC of Wireless Broadband in Public Safety - Advanced Technologies and Global Market (2010 - 2015) report.
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on reports.
Wireless broadband technologies have been constantly evolving over the decades after their introduction in 1980s. There have been massive advances and developments; both - in terms of technologies and devices, and the way these technologies interoperate. With increasing terrorism across the globe and unanticipated natural disasters over the last decade, the public safety application segment has emerged as a key market for the wireless broadband technology providers. Growth in the implementation of city-wide and municipal wireless broadband services is driving innovations worth billions of dollars, and is expected to scale new heights within the next five years benefiting ISPs (internet service providers), mobile device, and infrastructure developers.
The public safety market provides huge opportunity for global wireless broadband technologies market players as the overall spending is expected to reach from $15.2 billion in 2009 to $22.3 billion in 2015, registering a CAGR of 6.5% during 2010-2015. The market is further expected to have a total spending of $34.7 billion by the end of 2020; registering a CAGR of 9.3% during 2015 - 2020.
Enhancement in public safety and availability of real-time information highly affect wireless broadband for public safety market as security and safety of the citizens and public is an everyday issue and vital actions are being taken across the globe to enhance public safety. The opportunities such as next-generation technologies and crisis and disaster mitigation will highly affect the public safety market, whereas restraints such as less funding in the public safety domain and security threats and interceptions will have a high impact on the market in short term, but as the benefits from wireless broadband network technologies are ascertained, the overall impact will reduce in the long term.
- With increasing terrorism across the globe and number of natural disasters over the last decade, the public safety application segment has emerged as a key market for the wireless broadband technology providers.
- ISPs (internet service providers) and mobile device and infrastructure developers are expected to be the beneficiaries of growth in wireless broadband technologies in public safety.
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) is expected to gain traction in most of the regions starting 2011 and will present stiff competition to WiMAX.
- Federal Communication Commission (U.S.) has mandated LTE as standard for public safety communication network technology.
- Growing need for integration and effective collaboration among public safety bodies and need for advanced navigation and information system especially in remote locations are driving adoption of wireless broadband technologies in public safety.
- The broadband satellite service is further segmented into Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) & Fixed Satellite Service (FSS).
- Satellite technologies are gaining momentum into public safety applications as there is a growing need for integration and effective collaboration among public safety bodies.
- The access diversity of satellite systems, terrain independence (reach to remote and highly inaccessible areas), clear and faster connectivity, and priority access provided by satellite systems are major driving factors for the adoption of satellite technology for public safety.
- The improvement in form factors and possible consumer adoption are driving the growth of satellite technology into public safety.
- Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS) is an opportunity for satellite technology in public safety.
- Motorola leads the wireless broadband market ( http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/broadband-64.html) for public safety with its large product offerings.
Scope of the report
The "Wireless Broadband in Public Safety - Advanced Technologies and Global Market (2010 - 2015)" The report provides extensive analysis of "wireless broadband in public safety market" including current market trends, industry drivers, and challenges for better understanding of the market. This report covers the strategies followed by "wireless broadband in public safety market" players.
Introduction & Market Overview
These sections discuss the market definitions of wireless broadband in public safety market by technology & infrastructure, equipments & devices, and services. They also discuss the way market is segmented and the methodology and assumptions considered for forecasting the revenues. The winning imperatives, along with the burning issues in the market are covered. Drivers, restraints, and opportunities for "wireless broadband in public safety market by infrastructure, end-user devices, and services" have also been covered in this section.
This research report categorizes the global market for wireless broadband in public safety into the following submarkets:
On the basis of network technologies:
- WiMAX - LTE - WiFi - Microwave links (LMDS/MMDS) technology - Satellite communication technology - Free space optics technology On the basis of devices: - Radio - Handheld mobile computers - Speaker microphones - Netbooks - Workstations - Others On the basis of Services: - Consulting - Project management - Design & integration - Network deployment - Operations & maintenance - Others On the basis of Wireless Broadband Public Safety Applications: - Incident scene management - Personnel safety & location - Video surveillance - Automated vehicle locating - Emergency medical telemetry - GIS - Mobile VPN access - Workforce collaboration - Document management & retrieval - Others On the basis of Geography: - North America - South America - EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) - APJ (Asia Pacific & Japan)
This section provides a brief overview of all the geographies pertaining to "wireless broadband in public safety market"; it covers the trends prevailing in each geography which are impacting the overall "wireless broadband in public safety market by governance level" market in that particular geography.
This section provides the company profiles of major players in the "wireless broadband in public safety market". Company profiles include a brief overview of the company, primary business, financial overview, strategies followed, and developments.
MarketsandMarkets (http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/ ) (M&M) is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategic advisory reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world. MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services.
M&M "Information and Communication Technology" practice recognizes the challenges that financial institutions face bringing the right products to market. Our reports and consulting practice provide a unique perspective allowing the financial institutions to see and experience the best way to achieve their product goals. Through a mix of case studies, primary research, and business modeling we provide a 360degrees view to identify how you can create, capture, and keep the value of your product and out think the competition.
Contact: Mr. Rohan 7557 Rambler Road, Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231 Tel: +1-888-6006-441 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.marketsandmarkets.com http://marketsandmarkets.blogspot.com http://twitter.com/marketsmarkets http://www.facebook.com/pages/Market-Research-Report/171919766173321
SOURCE Markets and Markets