AMSTERDAM, September 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Arman Aygen to Build on Mariner's Success with European IPTV providers
IBC -- Mariner today announced the opening of its latest European office with the addition of Arman Aygen. The move further highlights Mariner's increased focus and commitment to the European market.
Through the appointment of Arman and a new office in France, complementing their current presence in the UK and Istanbul, Mariner is fully equipped to embrace the increasing demand for IPTV across Europe.
Arman brings almost 10 years of focus on Quality of Experience with extensive knowledge of IPTV ecosystem and network. He began in 2001 at a Japanese startup, Genista KK, where he initiated a new product line for IPTV in 2003, providing tools measuring end-user quality behind the set-top box.
Most recently Mariner announced the selection of xVu™ by Alpha Networks as the service monitoring solution for their white labeled triple play solution, turnKeyTV.
- In addition to the recently opened Paris office, Mariner also has European locations in Turkey and the United Kingdom.
- Mariner xVu provides impactful real-time insight to network operations and customer care teams, delivering proven operational cost reductions. The product delivers immediate value by shortening Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR), improving 1st call issue resolution, and reducing costly truck rolls and speculative STB swaps.
- xVu today, with over 2 million Set-top boxes (STBs) under management, is deployed with service providers across the North American, Caribbean and Asia-Pacific markets, and is in pre-deployment use with several service providers in Europe.
- Mariner will be showcasing their xVu suite of IPTV solutions at IBC on Stand 13.275, located in Hall 13.
- "With almost 20 years of experience in the IPTV industry at prior roles with Exterity, Genista KK and Witbe, Arman will be responsible for strengthening Mariner's international business," said Huw Price-Stephens, head of strategy and business development for Mariner EMEA. "We're excited to have him on board as we continue to expand into the European market."
- "What makes Mariner special is not only the fact that it's funded by the pioneers of the first commercial IPTV solution, but also the extensive experience assisting operators deploying TV services," said Arman. "I'm thrilled to be part of a dynamic team of telecommunications professionals and I look forward to nurturing Mariner's passion for innovation as we continue to grow in EMEA."
Making TV Better. Mariner is a leading global provider of IP-based TV and Video solutions. Mariner's award winning IP video edge data solution xVu™ is the most widely deployed analysis and troubleshooting platform commercially available. xVu offers impressive insight and impact in both real-time and offline modes. Mariner has deployments throughout North America, Europe, the Caribbean and the Pacific Rim. Mariner knows TV; knows the issues of managing a profitable IP-based TV operation. With over 200 years of combined experience in developing and running IPTV services, the value of this experience is reflected in the innovative solutions delivered and supported by the Mariner team. Visit Mariner at http://www.marinerpartners.com.