LONDON, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research from Savoo shows how pizzas in the north are better value
This Easter weekend is set to be more Italian pizza than Swiss chocolate, as the UK's obsession for delivery and take-away pizzas hits an all-time high - according to the money-saving and voucher code website Savoo.co.uk.
With these tough economic times not showing any sign of ending soon - not to mention this unseasonably cold weather - the UK is staying in more and spending any extra cash they have on the likes of Dominos, who is currently making the most of the popularity of pizza with almost 150,00 people searching for amazing pizza deals and discounts on Google every month - compared to a meagre 2500 for chocolate deals.*
But where should you go if you want to get the best 'price per slice'? Savoo has undertaken research that shows there are some incredible pizza deals in the UK.
- On average, a pepperoni pizza in the north is £4 cheaper than in the south
- Belfast has the cheapest Margherita pizza costing a lowly £4
- On average, a large pepperoni pizza in London will cost £14.40 - almost £4 more than the rest of the UK
- The cheapest large Margherita pizza out of the major players comes from Brothers Pizza in Belfast costing just £5
- If you use the big three (Pizza Hut, Dominos or Papa John's) you will pay 28% more for a large pepperoni than a local pizzeria
To see more stats about how this freezing Easter is set to be a blockbuster for pizza orders please visit: http://www.savoo.co.uk/blog/post/Infographic-Pizza-Price-By-The-Slice-Review.html
And please spare a thought for the dude on the moped and give him a decent tip!
* Google AdWords
If you would like to upload the infographic to your website, please use the following embed code:
Produced by Savoo.co.uk