VANCOUVER, June 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Module Development, Cloud enablement and easier Customer Rollout are just a few ways Independent Software Vendors can reinvent their legacy product and stay ahead of their market
Make Technologies, a leading provider of legacy application modernization technologies and solutions, today announced the launch of its innovative Make Technologies ISV Suite for independent software vendors. ISV Suite includes everything a software company needs to reinvent its products and stay ahead in its market.
Many software vendors have built their products on legacy platforms that are as much as 25 years old. This makes it difficult to improve their feature sets, integrate with other products and to take advantage of modern technologies such as cloud and mobile. As a result, these vendors are losing market share to more nimble competitors that are better able to embrace cutting-edge technologies. These vendors have a critical choice to make: rejuvenate legacy platforms through a modernization initiative or face market share erosion.
With the Make Technologies ISV Suite, independent software vendors can revitalize their product offerings and give their customers all the advantages of a modern technology stack. With ISV Suite, vendors get:
- Cloud enablement: to transform the way products are delivered to customers by creating a cloud-ready software package
- Rich user experience: to provide easy-to-use interfaces in a variety of environments, including mobile devices, to streamline user training and improve productivity.
- Global reach: to increase market coverage by adding full internationalization and improved extensibility.
The Make Technologies ISV Suite uses TLM® 6, the proven modernization platform, to cover the three key components of the product modernization lifecycle:
- Application re-architecture: Make Technologies conducts an in-depth analysis of every aspect of a legacy product; including functionality, source code and data structures. Next we help determine which functionality can be slimmed down, reused or eliminated as the product transitions to a modern architecture. Make Technologies ensures valuable intellectual property built up in the code base over time is safely retained while still adopting a new state-of-the-art, cloud-enabled platform.
- New module development: ISVs can leverage Make Technologies' TLM Application Design and Collaboration tools to define and build the new features and modules of the modernized product. This allows software vendors to deliver the improvements their customers have been asking for at a fraction of the cost of traditional approaches while ensuring that the new functionality is seamlessly integrated with the modernized functionality.
- Customer roll-out: Make Technologies provides the tools needed to automatically and smoothly upgrade an ISV's customers to its modernized system. ISVs can use Make Technologies' TLM Code and Data Analysis products to identify not just custom modifications to source code but also the business impact of those changes. TLM Data Migration uses the transformation rules created during modernization to automatically migrate customer data to the rearchitected system.
"To keep pace with changing customer needs, every independent software vendor needs to add new features and improve the functionality of their products," says Bill Bergen, President and CEO of Make Technologies. "The only way to do this is through a highly scalable, modernized architecture. The Make Technologies ISV Suite lets you leapfrog your competition and set a new standard in your market."
A hosted webinar about the Make Technologies ISV Suite will be presented on Wednesday July 13, 2011 at 8:30am PDT. Registration available by visiting http://maketechnologies.com/news/
About Make Technologies
Make Technologies is a leading global provider of legacy modernization software and services. Founded in 1999 and based in Vancouver, BC, Make Technologies has helped customers in a broad range of industries, including finance, healthcare, insurance, natural resources, distribution, communications and government. Make Technologies is a trusted brand in enterprise legacy-modernization initiatives, with partners including Deloitte®, Oracle® and IBM®.
2011 Copyright© Make Technologies Inc. Transformational Legacy Modernization (TLM®) is a registered trademark of Make Technologies in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Christine Tang at email@example.com , +1-206-792-9899
SOURCE MAKE Technologies Inc.