LONDON, January 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The Leading Companies Developing Next Generation 4G Networks & The 5G Roadmap
In the last 6 years, the global mobile telecoms industry has been shaped by the introduction of 4G LTE technology. This mobile technology has not only changed the way we communicate, but it has also affected our lives in many different ways from the type of media we watch to the amount of devices we buy. Due to this, the number of deployments and subscriptions of 4G have been booming in the last two years, Visiongain calculates that between 2012 and 2014 the number of 4G LTE subscriptions increased by almost five times, as the Chinese deployment of 4G radically changed the global market in 2014.
Visiongain expects that by 2015, 12.3% of 4G subscribers will be using LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) technology
However, LTE technology does not constitute 100% of all global 4G subscriptions; since 2013 there have been a number of networks launching LTE-Advanced especially in the APAC region. LTE-A consists of several improvements over standard LTE, but the main advancement is carrier aggregation (CA) which enables different frequencies to be combined and treated as one channel of bandwidth, delivering greater performance. This technology will allow network operators to cope with the dramatic increases in mobile data and to improve their mobile broadband coverage.
The increasing mobile video consumption, connected cars, cloud applications and IoT are expected to be some of the most important drivers behind 4G LTE-Advanced technology. It is expected to be deployed in most of the developed economies and the number of subscribers is expected to increase at a much faster rate than 4G LTE subscribers in the next five years. Japan and South Korea are the leaders in terms of 4G LTE and LTE-A subscribers, but in the next three years other countries such as China and the US will take the lead on this technology.
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on email@example.com
4G LTE subscriptions are expected to represent the great majority of 4G connections in the next five years. LTE is suitable for a wider market than LTE-A which is expected to be deployed massively in developed markets such as the US. Additionally, deploying and adopting LTE technology is expected to have lower costs for both operators and users, LTE service and mobile handsets costs are also expected to be cheaper than those for LTE-A. For instance, one of the most thriving 4G LTE markets is China, which in 2014 alone is expected to add almost 100 million LTE subscriptions.
Overall, Visiongain expects the number of global 4G subscriptions to increase dramatically between 2015 and 2020, taking over existing 2G and 3G markets. LTE will be connecting the majority of the devices and LTE-A will be thriving in highly developed markets such as Japan and South Korea.
This new report presents in-depth analysis of the fastest growing 4G markets, regions and countries based upon the latest information and expected changes in the global market, the most recent changes in regulations and the largest opportunities for deploying LTE-A networks.
What is the future of the LTE-A technology? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis quantifies the potential. The report delivers solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities for revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
How this 188 page report informs:
• View global 4G LTE and LTE-Advanced forecasts and analysis from 2015-2020 to keep you up to speed with industry developments
- The report provides detailed subscriptions projection at a global level, regional level and four main national markets. It introduces the main competitors, the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the 4G LTE-A market. In addition to subscriptions forecasts from 2015-2020 for both LTE and LTE-A, our new study shows current market trends on mobile data consumption, forecast of total mobile operators 4G revenues, introduction to different next generation technologies (LTE-A, LTE-B, 5G) original critical analysis, and a forecast of the global 4G smartphone shipments segmented between LTE and LTE-A capabilities.
• Our report provides 147 tables, charts, and figures .
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future LTE-A technology prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst's industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority and understanding on the telecoms sector.
• Discover global regional forecasts for the LTE-Advanced (Including LTE) technology from 2015-2020
- What are the drivers of the LTE-A technology progress? How will regional markets expand? Which countries will obtain the largest penetration and adoption rates? Use our forecasts and expert insight giving you a clear picture of the global forecast of the LTE-A technology including LTE subscriptions and total mobile operator 4G revenues. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Avoid falling behind. Stay informed about the potential for each of these 4G (Including LTE and LTE-A) regional and national subscriptions forecasts and analysis from 2015-2020.
- European 4G (Including LTE and LTE-A) subscriptions forecast 2015-2020.
- Asia Pacific European 4G (Including LTE and LTE-A) subscriptions forecast 2015-2020.
- Japanese LTE and LTE-A subscriptions forecast and 4G penetration rate
- Chinese LTE and LTE-A subscriptions forecast and 4G penetration rate with in-depth analysis of the Chinese 4G market
- South Korean LTE and LTE-A subscriptions forecast and 4G penetration rate
- Japanese connected cars market forecast and
- North American LTE and LTE-A subscriptions forecast and 4G penetration rate
- United States LTE and LTE-A subscriptions forecast and 4G penetration rate
- Rest of the World Regions Including Latin American and the Middle East & Africa
- In-depth analysis of Netflix, their expansion and expected effect on current networks
• View supporting forecasts from 2015-2020 underpinning the analysis
- Forecasts from 2015-2020 for the shipments of 4G mobile handsets segmented between LTE and LTE-A
- Regional revenue forecast for the Internet of Things (IoT) from 2015 to 2020
• Find out about the market dynamics & opportunities in leading countries
- Understand industry activity as we reveal where companies are expected to achieve the largest number of subscriptions and revenues.
- You will be able to examine regional drivers, constraints and analytical content with in-depth insight for leading national markets.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics .
- Explore the economic, social, technological and regulatory issues assessing LTE-A technology advances.
- Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- 4G (LTE and LTE-A) subscriptions within the context of total mobile operators revenue growth
- Infrastructure and economic constraints in 4 regional and 4 national markets
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Analysis of different drivers of LTE-A, including the development of mobile video consumption
- Analysis of barriers to entry and technical requirements of LTE and LTE-A
- Introduction to 5G and the current developments on this technology, including a list of the most important bodies and research projects working on this technology
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Identify who the leading companies are in the LTE-A ecosystem
- Our report reveals the companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analyzing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. Prospects for advances in the global LTE-A ecosystem are remarkable, and from 2015 the LTE-A industry holds strong opportunities for revenue growth and business development. View visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 9 leading LTE-A ecosystem companies examining their positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies and future outlook.
- EE Limited (Formerly Everything Everywhere Limited)
- LG u+
- Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Royal KPN N.V.
- SK Telecom
Discover information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the global LTE-A technology industry
The LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) Mobile Technologies Market Report 2015-2020: The Leading Companies Developing Next Generation 4G Networks & The 5G Roadmap report provides impartial 4G LTE and LTE-A sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit, innovation and growth. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global submarkets, regional and national markets forecasts from 2015-2020.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
Who is the report for?
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the global LTE-A technology potential. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and regulatory overview providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2015-2020 at the global and regional level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected consumption changes. Read on to discover the prospects for the LTE-A market, and find out what its future prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) Mobile Technologies Market Report 2015-2020: The Leading Companies Developing Next Generation 4G Networks & The 5G Roadmap. Avoid missing out - order our report now.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at email@example.com
Companies Listed on this report
Barnes & Noble
C Spire Wireless
Continuous Computing - Trillium
Copper Valley Telecom
Crown Castle (NextG)
Fastlink (Regional Telecom)
Fjarskipti (Vodafone Iceland)
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC
Neo-Sky LTE TDD
Nokia Solutions and Networks
Orange Business Services
Peoples Telephone Co-op
Royal KPN N.V.
S and R Communications
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
Sweden (World's first),
T Mobile US
T Mobile/T-Hrvatski Telekom
Telstra - Australia
TMN (Portugal Telecom)
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
Centre for Wireless Systems And Applications (CWSA)
Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
European Institute for Innovation Technology (EIT)
GSM Association (GSMA)
IMT-2020 Promotion Group
Institute of electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
Intel strategic research Alliance (ISRA)
International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the Chinese Government (MIIT)
Mobile and wireless communications Enablers for the Twenty-twenty Information Society (METIS)
Next Generation Mobile Networks (NGMN)
Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS)
The Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB)
The WiMAX Forum
Tokyo Institute of Technology
University of Edinburgh
University of Surrey
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF)
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44-(0)20-7336-6100