LONDON, May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Livescribe Inc. (http://www.livescribe.com) today announces Livescribe Connect, a breakthrough software solution for the Echo(TM) and Pulse(TM) smartpens. Livescribe Connect makes it simple for users to send their handwritten notes and recorded audio, as an interactive pencast, to the people and online applications of their choice - all from paper. Livescribe also announced the expansion of its smartpen product family with the introduction of the affordable 2GB Echo smartpen starter pack for GBP99.99.
Livescribe smartpens digitally capture everything people hear and write. To play back important information, a customer simply taps anywhere on handwritten notes in a Livescribe notebook, on a computer, or a mobile device. With the introduction of Livescribe Connect, consumers can quickly send pencasts from paper to applications, such as email, Google Docs, Facebook, Evernote or even their mobile devices, including the Apple(R) iPad(R) and iPhone(R).
Livescribe Connect not only makes it simple to share handwritten notes and recorded audio, as interactive pencasts, but also makes it possible for anyone to interact with the information as a Pencast PDF. The Pencast PDF leverages Adobe's ubiquitous, business-standard PDF format - now anyone with the free Adobe Reader(R) 10 or higher can easily hear, see and share an interactive Pencast PDF.
To use Livescribe Connect, users simply draw a line and write the name of the desired destination, for instance "Evernote" or "Facebook," then tap the pages or circles sections of a page to send. The next time the smartpen is docked to a computer, the notes and audio are automatically sent as a pencast.
People can also use Livescribe Connect within Livescribe's free desktop software - simply drag and drop pages of notes to Connector icons to quickly send or share them.
Livescribe supports the following connectors:
- Email Connector: Handwritten notes and audio recordings are emailed using Microsoft(R) Exchange, Gmail(TM), Hotmail(R), Yahoo!(R) Mail Plus and AOL.
- Google Docs Connector: Just by drawing a line and writing "Google Docs" on paper, anyone working on a collaborative project can quickly share a pencast
- Facebook Connector: Now the 500 million people using Facebook have a new way to share their latest thoughts -as interactive written and spoken status updates.
- Evernote Connector: Send pencasts to Evernote to play back, store and search the information along with other important digital files.
- Mobile/iPad Connector: Send pencasts right from paper to mobile devices, including the Apple iPad and iPhone. Play back important information on-the-go with the tap of a finger.
- MyLivescribe Connector: All registered customers receive 500MB of free online storage for their pencasts. With the MyLivescribe connector, customers can easily upload and store pencasts for convenient access from mobile devices.
- Computer Connector: An easy way to save and organize Pencast PDFs and other supported formats right on a computer - even designate the specific folder or shared server location where pencasts should be sent.
UK PR Contacts Charlotte Priest/Amanda Slayton-Joslin, Honcho PR firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com +44(0)7876-222327 / +44(0)7774-601059
SOURCE Livescribe Inc.