NEW YORK, January 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New capabilities boost the power and intelligence of LP Chat -- leading gifts retailer experienced a 20% increase in customer satisfaction
LivePerson, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPSN), a provider of real-time chat, voice and content solutions that increase conversions and improve customer experience, today announced several new innovations in online engagement. These new capabilities enhance the intelligence, extend the reach, and improve the efficiency of online chat.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54324-liveperson-lp-chat-latest-innovations-in-online-engagement
Shown to increase online sales by up to 20 percent, and average order size by up to 35 percent in many use-cases, LP Chat allows online businesses to have proactive, personalized chats with prospects and customers across multiple channels, including websites, social media and mobile devices.
"At LivePerson, we strive to continuously raise the bar in chat innovation so that our customers can experience new levels of success in their online businesses," said Robert LoCascio, CEO, LivePerson. "Innovation has been a driving force at LivePerson since the company's inception, and we are thrilled to be able to provide our customers with highly advanced, effective tools in real-time online engagement."
With the availability of these newest capabilities, LP Chat is more intuitive, sophisticated and valuable than ever before. These capabilities include:
- Analytics Driven Engagement (ADE) leverages website analytics data to automatically create and update the intelligent business rules that control where and when proactive chat invitations are issued. This ensures invitations are sent when they are most likely to yield the greatest results, improving the customer's experience and maximizing the value of the online chat program.
- Re-connect links enable customers to continue chats with the same agent at a later time or from another device. For example, this allows the customer to seamlessly transition their chat conversation from their laptop to their mobile phone, or to re-initiate the chat with the same agent at a later time or date.
- Invitation-to-chat links provide for exciting new possibilities in marketing and customer service, beyond the website. For example, live chats can now be initiated by scanning a QR code on a display ad or printed product documentation.
- Third-party data providers can integrate with LP Chat to offer an additional layer of visitor data, enhancing LP Chat's capability to target the most valuable customers. For example, when integrated with the service of eco-system partner Demandbase, LP Chat users can better prioritize sales-leads by leveraging Demandbase's ability to identify the company domain of a web-visitor and provide valuable data, including company name, size, revenue, industry and location, all in real time. With this intelligence, high-priority leads can be put at the top of the queue and chat agents are able to conduct more effective discussions and offer higher levels of assistance. Learn how a leading software company tripled their conversion rates with the LivePerson-Demandbase joint solution by watching their video case study.
LivePerson's innovations are helping to drive success for online businesses of all sizes. Beau-coup, a leader in online gifts and favors, implemented ADE in order to improve proactive chat performance and to optimize customer service resources. "Analytics Driven Engagement is really taking the guesswork out of creating a dynamic and effective chat program," said Cassie Haughey, Head of Customer Service, Beau-coup. "Not only has our proactive chat produced more conversions, we've seen customer satisfaction scores increase by 20%."
For more detailed information about Beau-coup's success with ADE, view the video case study here.
These new capabilities all complement LivePerson's suite of engagement solutions, including LP Marketer, LP Voice, and others. To read more on the latest innovations, visit our What's New With Chat? page.
LivePerson, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPSN) offers a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to proactively connect in real-time with their customers via chat, voice, and content delivery at the right time, through the right channel, including websites, social media, and mobile devices. This "intelligent engagement" is driven by real-time behavioral analytics, producing connections based on a true understanding of business objectives and customer needs.
More than 8,500 companies rely on LivePerson's platform to increase conversions and improve customer experience, including Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Microsoft, Verizon, Sky, Walt Disney, PNC, QVC and Orbitz.
LivePerson has received the CODiE award for Best Ecommerce Solution in 2011, and has been named one of America's 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies by Forbes in 2011 and a Company of the Year by Frost and Sullivan in 2011. LivePerson is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Atlanta, London and Melbourne, Australia.
For more information, please visit http://www.liveperson.com.
Safe Harbor Provision
Statements in this press release regarding LivePerson that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual future events or results to differ materially from such statements. Any such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. It is routine for our internal projections and expectations to change as the quarter and year progresses, and therefore it should be clearly understood that the internal projections and beliefs upon which we base our expectations may change. Although these expectations may change, we are under no obligation to inform you if they do. Actual events or results may differ materially from those contained in the projections or forward-looking statements. Some of the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained herein include, without limitation: potential fluctuations in our quarterly and annual results; the adverse effect that the global recession may have on our business; competition in the real-time sales, marketing, customer service and online engagement solutions market; our ability to retain existing clients and attract new clients; risks related to new regulatory or other legal requirements that could materially impact our business; responding to rapid technological change and changing client preferences; our ability to retain key personnel and attract new personnel; risks related to the operational integration of acquisitions; technology systems beyond our control and technology-related defects that could disrupt the LivePerson services; privacy concerns relating to the Internet that could result in new legislation or negative public perception; risks related to the regulation or possible misappropriation of personal information; legal liability and/or negative publicity for the services provided to consumers via our technology platforms; risks related to protecting our intellectual property rights or potential infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties. This list is intended to identify only certain of the principal factors that could cause actual results to differ from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. Readers are referred to the reports and documents filed from time to time by us with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of these and other important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those discussed in forward-looking statements.
SOURCE LivePerson, Inc.