GLOUCESTER, England, June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Despite continued pressure on funding, caused by much publicised grant cuts and reduced donations public liability remains the major area of concern for UK charities.
In a survey released by charity insurance specialists, Ecclesiastical, over a third of charities said they were interested in receiving risk management advice to help reduce liability risks. This figure rose to 43% among smaller charities.
Managing the risks created by using volunteers was a key factor in this with over a third of charities taking some action in this area. Potential damage to their reputation is also high on charity managers' agenda.
The survey of 190 UK charities was conducted by telephone during October-November 2010 by independent research company FWD.
To help, Ecclesiastical have produced a practical guide for charities on reducing liability risk in these challenging times, visit http://www.ecclesiastical.com/charity to download a copy.
With more than 120 years experience insuring not for profit organisations, Ecclesiastical offers a range of charity insurance solutions that are flexible enough to meet the needs of a wide variety of charitable organisations of all sizes.
Commenting on the study's findings, Paul Bloxham, Ecclesiastical's Underwriting Director, said: "I think what we're seeing here is a snapshot of the charitable sector digging in during what they perceive to be some fairly tough times. They're keeping their insurance spend stable but are sensitive to price, hence a growing interest in online sales, however the ties to brokers remain strong for the sector as a whole."
Notes to editors:
- Ecclesiastical is a specialist insurer of charities, the education, care and faith sectors, heritage buildings and fine art
- Founded in 1887 to provide insurance for the Anglican Church, we now offer a wide range of commercial insurances, as well as home, travel and wedding insurance, selling through brokers and direct
- Ecclesiastical also offers a range of ethically screened investment funds and has a team of Independent Financial Advisers
- Ecclesiastical is supporting Christian Aid Week 2011
- The survey of 190 UK charities was conducted by telephone during October-November 2010 by independent research company FWD
- Visit http://www.ecclesiastical.com
SOURCE Ecclesiastical Insurance