LIMOGES, France, August 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Acting to sustainably reduce energy inequality
Legrand,the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures,has unveiled its program aimed at sustainably reducing energy inequality : LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL.
As a major player in the electrical industry, Legrand considers that part of its role is to help enable the greatest possible number of people to enjoy sustainable access to electricity. Launched on a global scale, the LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL program is designed to combine the various initiatives taken by the Group and its subsidiaries to provide access to electricity and act against energy poverty. It involves and mobilises many stakeholders, especially the Group's own employees and development aid organisations. On the basis of its firm belief that energy availability represents a major lever for both economic and human development, Legrand through this program is extending its commitment to helping everyone gain simple, safe and sustainable access to electricity.
The LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL program is organised around two main aims - ensuring access to electricity and combating energy poverty - and four fields of action covering a wide variety of measures :
- Development aid partnership : through this program, Legrand supports both long-term development projects and emergency humanitarian aid work. As an example, Legrand has been working in partnership since 2007 with the NGO Electriciens Sans Frontières on a large number of initiatives worldwide.
- Process of frugal innovation : the program focuses Legrand's determination to develop products meeting essential needs and adapted to suit each market's requirements.
- Exploratory research projects : Legrand rolls out a research approach aimed at imagining new ways of gaining access to energy, especially in new economies and developing countries.
- Solutions for enhanced energy efficiency : On the strength of its familiarity with energy issues, Legrand devises and engineers solutions to enhance energy efficiency and thereby cut energy bills.
Commenting on the official launch of the LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL program, Gilles Schnepp, Legrand's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, declared: "As a leading player in the electrical industry, we consider that our role is to do our utmost to favour long-lasting, regular and safe access to electricity, and thereby to sustainably contribute to pushing back the energy frontier, for the benefit of all."
The LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL program is led by Hervé Pernat, VP Sustainable Development and Strategic Processes for the Legrand Group, who points out: "LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL embodies our corporate social responsibility, because electricity is an essential development factor for populations."
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering, catering to the needs of commercial, industrial and residential markets worldwide, makes it an international benchmark. Growth drivers include innovation, acquisitions and regular launching of new value-added products. In 2012 Legrand recorded net sales of close to 4.5 billion euros. Legrand is listed on NYSE Euronext and forms part of the CAC 40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI and DJSI indexes (ISIN code: FR0010307819).
More about this programme:
- Look up the LEGRAND ELECTRICITY FOR ALL Press Information kit
- http://www.legrand.com, sustainable development section