LONDON, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Rebecca Adlington OBE has Revealed What She Would Say to Her Younger Self
Legal & General has today launched a UK-wide competition collating advice and includes contributions from Rebecca Adlington to find out what advice we would give to our younger selves. The competition will be open to entrants aged over 18 years of age and will give one lucky winner the opportunity to win £1,000 worth of Thomas Cook holiday vouchers for sharing their personal pearls of wisdom on the company's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/legalandgeneral. * The competition is part of a wider campaign by Legal & General to encourage people to think about what advice they would give to their younger selves were they given the opportunity.
Rebecca has offered the following advice to her younger self:
Rebecca Adlington, OBE says:
"I have no regrets in anything I've done, but I'd tell my younger self to not let people I don't know influence the important decisions I make in my life or affect the way I feel about myself"
Paula Llewellyn, Head of Direct Marketing Legal & General Insurance
"Looking back it's all too easy to think about what you could have or should have done differently in life. We hope to help people realise that making the right decisions today, could help make life better. Nobody can predict what is going to happen, but taking small steps to safeguard yours and your family's future is a simple responsibility we can all share."
Find us on Twitter @landg_uk or #YoungerSelf, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/legalandgeneral
or visit us at http://www.legalandgeneral.com/life-cover to view the advice we have already received and to share your own.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons to make financial decisions.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Legal & General Assurance Society Limited
Registered in England and Wales No.166055. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. We are members of the Association of British Insurers.
Registered office: One Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA
*What Would you Say to Your Younger Self? - Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- To enter the prize draw, Facebook users must: 1) like and share the 'what would you say to your younger self?' post and 2) list in the "comment" section the advice they would give to their younger self.
- One winner will be drawn at random (using a computer system designed to select one winner at random) from the list of entrants. The outcome of this computerised selection will be final.
- Only one entry per Facebook user permitted, multiple entries will not be included in the draw.
- All entrants must be over 18
- Employees or agents of Legal & General and their families, and any other person acting in connection with this draw, are ineligible to participate.
- One prize will be allocated to the winner of the prize draw. The prize will be Thomas Cook holiday vouchers to the value of £1,000. There is no cash alternative to the prize. Legal & General reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- The prize draw will close on Tuesday 29th April (entries after 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 29th April will not be included in the prize draw). The prize draw will take place on Wednesday 30th April at 15.00 and the winner will be contacted by Legal & General after the draw on Wednesday 30th April via Facebook.
- The winner must email their contact details to us so the prize can be dispatched.
- Details of the winning entry will be published on the Legal & General Facebook page once the winner has been notified on Wednesday 30 April 2014.
- A press release will also detail the winner as well as including their advice to their younger self answer.
- By entering the competition, all entrants give permission for Legal & General to use their comments on the Legal & General Facebook and Twitter pages to help promote the 'What would you say to your younger self?' campaign.
- This prize draw is open to residents of Mainland UK only (this excludes Northern Ireland).
- Legal & General Contact Details: Legal & General Assurance Society Limited Registered in England and Wales No. 166055. Registered Address: One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.
SOURCE Legal & General