AMSTERDAM, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the leader in intelligent broadband controls, today announced that a leading mobile operator serving 35 states in the U.S. has selected the Bridgewater Home Subscriber Server ( http://www.bridgewatersystems.com/Home-Subscriber-Server.aspx) (HSS) for its LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. A Bridgewater customer since 2005, this service provider currently deploys Bridgewater service control and application policy solutions in its existing 3G network. With this new implementation, Bridgewater extends its footprint to support the new 4G network.
- This service provider will deploy the Bridgewater HSS to manage LTE service control functions, such as authentication and authorization, which ensure secure subscriber access to LTE data services. As part of this deployment, the HSS will integrate with the existing subscriber data management system using open, standards-based interfaces.
- With Bridgewater's LTE solution, this service provider can:
- Deploy a best-of-breed HSS solution that features a robust policy engine for rich authentication and authorization services in the LTE Evolved Packet Core;
- Leverage Bridgewater's broad interoperability to support a multi-vendor LTE implementation that spans numerous network elements and legacy databases;
- Protect its investment in the company's subscriber data management system;
- Support future IMS services with a common HSS platform serving LTE Evolved Packet Core and next generation IP services.
- The Bridgewater(R) Home Subscriber Server (HSS) is the master repository in the LTE Evolved Packet Core that contains subscriber and device profile and state information, and supports authentication, authorization and mobility management functions in LTE. The Bridgewater HSS supports broad multi-vendor interoperability using standards-based interfaces with all major network equipment vendors. Fully compliant with 3GPP Release 8 standards, with interfaces and performance requirements designed and tested for multi-vendor environments, it supports standardized LTE and IMS interfaces.
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
"This customer's choice of Bridgewater for their 4G network validates our product leadership and our unique ability to enable both the transformation to LTE and IMS services. Our ability to integrate with the existing subscriber data management system, coupled with our extensive mobile packet core interoperability, provides significant value, flexibility and a time-to-market advantage for them as they deploy advanced mobile broadband services to their customers."
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, Home Subscriber Server, HSS, LTE, 4G, intelligent broadband controls, LTE World Summit
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the leader in intelligent broadband controls, provides pre-integrated solutions for mobile and converged operators to transform their networks, optimize mobile data growth, and innovate with new services. The Bridgewater portfolio of carrier-grade products includes Service Controller (AAA), Policy Controller (PCRF) and Home Subscriber Server (HSS), anchored by a common identity and device management system. More than 150 leading service providers worldwide leverage Bridgewater to create and deliver profitable services to consumer, enterprise, cloud and machine markets. For more information, visit us at http://www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater Systems is a Bronze Sponsor at LTE World Summit, May 17-19, 2011.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
For further information: Contact: Ann Hatchell Bridgewater Systems firstname.lastname@example.org +1-613-591-9104 extension 2030 +1-613-355-0810
SOURCE Bridgewater Systems