KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IRSE is a neutral platform established in UK in 1912 for maintenance of high standards of practice and professional care and promotion of improved railway safety standards for the protection of passengers and the general public.
Considering the current development of railway infrastructure in Malaysia, it is critical to monitor the standard and quality of professionals in the Signalling and Telecommunications sector. The Land Public Transport Commission of Malaysia (SPAD) has taken the lead to establish the first IRSE chapter in Malaysia, which will set a global standard for the local Signalling and Telecommunications industry. The following will be the contribution of IRSE in Malaysia:
- Will improve the safety standards of train operations and maintenance
- Will provide neutral platform to the railway authority & Industry partners
- Will bring International experts to share knowledge
- Will encourage continuous professional development
- Will provide greater skills, knowledge and understanding through its competency development process
- Will support railway industry to benchmark the competency level across the supply chain
IRSE Malaysian Chapter will be officially launched on the 10th September 2013 in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in conjunction with the Official Opening Ceremony of RAIL BUSINESS ASIA at 1p.m.
For more information, please visit www.railbusinessasia.org
Notes to Editors:
1. About RAIL BUSINESS ASIA (www.railbusinessasia.org)
RAIL BUSINESS ASIA 2013 hosted by Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB) and Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) and supported by Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MiGHT) is the thought leadership platform of Asia's fast growing rail industry. It is a strategic event dedicated to delivering the latest in market insights, development projects and innovation, as well as in-depth dialogues from authorities, asset owners, operators and solution providers. In addition, the RAIL BUSINESS ASIA 2013 exhibition will showcase the latest technological advancements and provide a hub for networking and knowledge-sharing.
For press inquiries, please contact:
A-8-1, Level 8,
Hampshire Place Office,
Jalan Mayang Sari,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior Marketing Associate (ASEAN)
DID : +603-2176-8703
HP : +601-2227-7286
SOURCE UBM Conferences (ASEAN)