- KOCCA to introduce Korean animation characters to penetrate European market
- KOCCA to support 14 Korean animated character enterprises such as CJ E&M and LINE FRIENDS through commercial promotion and consulting about character export and various business activities.
SEOUL, South Korea, Oct. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA) have announced that they will jointly launch the Korean pavilion at Brand Licensing Europe 2016, which will take place at Olympia London from October 11-13.
Brand Licensing Europe is the biggest licensing event in Europe and welcomes over 300 exhibitors from 63 countries in addition to major retailers, merchandisers and agencies. It is widely recognised as the European version of the Licensing Expo held in Las Vegas.
This year, the Korean pavilion will present a total of 13 leading animation and character production companies in Korea such as:
- CJ E&M: produced animation 'Rainbow Ruby'
- LINE FRIENDS: produced mobile messenger character 'LINE Friends'
- Red Rover: produced 3D animation 'Bubble Bubble Marine'
- Booze: produced 'Bbugga'
- Youngsilup: produced 'Ddobot'
- Aurora: produced 'Yoohoo with Friends'
They will perform various activities including buyer meetings to stimulate export business for Korean characters.
As the five leading Korean animation companies, KOCCA will work with Redrover, Roivisual, Booze, Aurora World and CJ E&M -- all of whom enjoyed notable success at Brand Licensing Europe in 2015 -- to offer commercial, media and licensing support to help promote the reputation of Korean content in the EU market.
KOCCA has also reinforced business activities in advance to support the setting up of customized marketing and business strategies for Korean companies who participate in the exhibition, by providing market data, a list of major buyers and character licensing industry trends of market leading countries in Europe.
South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and KOCCA are also planning to assist exhibitors in promoting more efficient business modes by providing various materials such as meeting space and a publishing and distribution PR guidebook.
SOURCE Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA)