- KidZania Cuicuilco Introduces Children to New Careers, Environmental Stewardship, Ability Awareness via Fun Experiences and Hands-on Activities
MEXICO CITY, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KidZania, a global leader in children's edutainment, today officially opened its largest children's theme park yet, KidZania Cuicuilco, located in Mexico City. Not only does the park introduce children to new and relevant careers in a highly entertaining way, but for the first time, integrates innovative experiences to teach children environmental stewardship, empathy for kids with different abilities, how to make "good-for-you" food and recreation choices, hands-on driving and road safety via a fleet of kid-sized eco-friendly vehicles, and much more. In this new expansive park experience, empowerment for kids has never been so vast, realistic and fun.
Fueled by a child's natural desire to create, explore and collaborate, KidZania Cuicuilco is equal parts entertainment and education, making it one of the most progressive theme park concepts in the world today. Young visitors enter KidZania Cuicuilco through the park's mock airport into the sprawling 150,000 square foot kid-sized city complete with 90 establishments, including city hall, a bank, restaurants, a hospital, sports stadium and more. Once in the park, kids choose from among 120 different trades and professions that it takes to run a city. It's the ultimate role-playing experience for kids ages four to 14.
"KidZania Cuicuilco is our most inventive and engaging theme park yet," says Xavier Lopez Ancona, president and founder of KidZania. "With KidZania Cuicuilco, we've introduced 21st century career choices, elevated awareness around global issues like the environment, and made certain that every child, no matter their level of ability, can participate. We've brought the most authentic and fun real-life experiences to life to help children understand and manage their ever-changing world. As we continue our global expansion, we look forward to bringing these new, relevant and awe-inspiring entertainment experiences to kids the world over."
Following are just a few of the many unique, hands-on activities and experiences now available at KidZania Cuicuilco:
- More than 120 careers, including guide dog trainer (complete with real dog), mechanic, power plant operator, surgeon, CSI investigator, tortilla chef, road paver, and more.
- World's most authentic driving experience for children – complete with driver's education, auto insurance, and the largest fleet of electric kid-sized vehicles (minivans, SUVs, ambulances, city buses and police cars).
- Fully immersive environmental job experiences featuring an electric power plant, wind turbines, solar panels, and water treatment facility to emphasize the global importance of conservation.
- Recyclables drop-off center for the surrounding community, which is integrated into park activities.
- Three-story disaster center, which simulates flood, fire or earthquake and teaches children how to respond.
- Tools to help special needs children (and KidZania staff) navigate the park independently, as well as activities that allow typically-able kids to experience what it would be like to have a disability.
KidZania Cuicuilco also features a state-of-the-art security system to ensure a safe and fun experience for children navigating the park with or without their parents. Every child and parent/chaperone entering the park receives matching RFID-bracelets, providing the location of child and parent within a mere meter of the person's location. While the children play, parents can relax in the parent's lounge, which features a spa, movie room, restaurant and Internet (WiFi) cafe.
KidZania Cuicuilco has more than 90 global partners present in the park, including Nestle, LAN, Toyota, DHL, Berlitz, Evenflo, Manpower, Cartoon Network, Banco de Mexico and others. They are an integral part of the experiences and add authenticity to the career-based, role-playing activities.
KidZania, Inc., headquartered in Mexico, is privately held. This award-winning concept is recognized globally for its unique blend of entertainment and education for children. More than 20 million guests have visited KidZania cities around the world since the first park opened in 1999, making it the fastest growing global edutainment brand with 10 parks in 7 countries, including the location of the first U.S. park to be unveiled later this year. For more information about KidZania, visit www.KidZania.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/KidZaniaOfficial, or Twitter @KidZania.
Michele Spring Fajeau
Zebra Partners for KidZania