LONDON, October 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- World's leading fundraising website re-launches as social platform for giving
- Get a preview at justgiving.com/bethefirst
JustGiving, the world's leading platform for charity giving, has announced its ten millionth registered user, as it re-launches as a social platform for giving.
The new platform allows people to see the amazing things their friends are doing for the causes they care about, with new features including a feed, profile and social notifications. Powered by GiveGraph™, the world's largest graph of giving behaviour, the platform will help causes to reach more people, inspire more action and raise more money.
The 10 millionth user milestone means JustGiving now has more registered users in the UK than Spotify, Pinterest or Airbnb. It puts JustGiving among the UK's fastest growing technology companies, with over three million users signing up in the past 12 months alone.
JustGiving's founder Zarine Kharas commented: "JustGiving is a tech for good company with a mission to connect all the world's causes with people who care. Our technology comes to life in the hands of the brilliant people who use it to show they care. So today we're launching our new social platform: to help people discover and be inspired by the amazing things their friends do for the causes they care about. This new social JustGiving will help charities and their supporters reach more people, inspire more action and raise more money."
A key driver for JustGiving's growth has been its deep integration with Facebook, which drove over $100 million in donations to good causes last year. Facebook is now JustGiving's number one referrer, driving over 42% of all traffic from 164 different countries.
To date, JustGiving has in turn driven 905 million stories to Facebook over the past 12 months, benefiting over 10,000 causes - effectively doubling every charity's reach on Facebook and raising an extra $10,000 per cause.
Facebook is now JustGiving's primary social partner. JustGiving now plans to work even more closely with Facebook to help showcase people and the amazing things their friends are doing for the causes they care about.
The new JustGiving social platform is being rolled out in the coming weeks and users can sign up for early access by visiting http://www.justgiving.com/bethefirst.
Notes to Editors
JustGiving is the world's social platform for giving, where you can connect with the causes you care about. Causes all around the world need support and funding, and JustGiving's mission is to connect them with people who care. To date we've helped 22 million people raise over $3 billion for 13,000 incredible causes.
We are a mission driven tech for good company. We charge a fee, all of which is re-invested into building innovative new tools for the causes we serve. We think of ourselves as the R&D team for every cause in the world.
Our focus is not on driving profit but on creating a great product, doing what's right for our customers, and making JustGiving an awesome place to work. That's why we are the most trusted fundraising platform in the world.
JustGiving's Social Platform
JustGiving's new social platform allows people to see the amazing things their friends are doing for the causes they care about, with new features including a feed, profile and social notifications. Powered by the world's largest graph of giving behaviour, the platform helps causes to reach more people, inspire more action and raise more money.
- Feed: Your feed is a regularly updating list of stories from friends who are doing amazing things on JustGiving. See news from the people you've donated to, and find out what's happening in your community.
- Profile: Go to your profile to view your entire fundraising and giving history, along with the causes that matter most to you. See your donations and fundraising, and the incredible impact you've had, all in one place.
- Care: The Care button lets your favourite charities know that you support their work. It appears on all charity profiles and can also be added to charity websites. Share your Care on social media to help your favourite causes reach more supporters. It's a simple way to make a big impact.
- GiveGraph: All this is powered by GiveGraph, the engine behind changes to our platform; it enables us to understand our users better and connect them to the causes they care about. It's based on our 14 years' worth of data and is the world's largest graph of giving behaviour, containing 70 million people, thousands of causes and 285 million connections.
For more information, images and interview requests, please contact Rosie Johnstone or Olivia Meredith at JustGiving@splendidcomms.com or call +44-(0)207-533-7300.