LONDON, November 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
John Lewis Pet Insurance has been recognised as the number one provider for Dog Insurance by Which?
John Lewis Pet Insurance was given an overall policy score of 89% for their annual, lifetime cover for dogs.
John Lewis Cat Insurance has also been recognised - coming third in the Which? report with an overall policy score of 88%.
To create the lists, Which? compares and rates policies from UK pet insurers to pick the best policies on the market. They look for:
- Lifetime cover: Policies must meet minimum criteria of £3,000 vet fee cover for cats and £4,000 for dogs.
- Max age: Unless otherwise noted, the policy should have no upper age limit for a new pet.
- The annual premium: Based on a five-year-old non-pedigree cat in a low risk area; for dogs based on a five-year-old non-pedigree dog and five-year-old Labrador, both living in a low risk area.
- Policy score: 60% of weighting is made up of vet fee cover, 40% is a combination of these policy features: cover for euthanasia, cremation/burial, third party liability (dogs only), dental cover, cattery/kennel fees and cover abroad.
About John Lewis Pet Insurance
The benefits of John Lewis Pet Insurance:
- Don't worry about unexpected vet's bills - you can claim up to £10,000 each year if your pet gets injured or falls ill.
- We'll help you find your cat or dog if it's stolen or goes missing. Claim up
to £1,000 for advertising costs and up to £1,000 for reward money.
- There are no upper age limits on our policy for vet's fees, we'll accept your cat or dog from eight weeks old.
- You won't be out of pocket if your pet falls ill - your vet is paid directly, provided they're set up to receive our payments.
- Our policy protects you against legal liability up to £2 million if your pet causes an accident.
Which? is a consumer champion. They work to make things better for consumers. Their advice helps them make informed decisions. Their campaigns make people's lives fairer, simpler and safer. Their services and products put consumers' needs first to bring them better value.
Find out more about how John Lewis Pet Insurance is with you when it matters.
About John Lewis Insurance
John Lewis Insurance (formally Greenbee) works with a panel of carefully chosen insurers to offer a full range of insurance products and services. And as part of the John Lewis Partnership, they believe that everything they do should be straightforward, great value and come with a reassuring extra level of service.
John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of AXA Insurance UK plc, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. A full copy of the policy wording and the insurance complaints procedure are available on request.
Lauren Baldwin, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44(0)207-592-6677
SOURCE John Lewis Insurance