PRAGUE, Czech Republic, May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Continuous Integration and Build Management Server Introduces Personal Builds on Branches for Git & Mercurial, Adds Many Improvements for .NET Teams, and Drops Major Restrictions of its Free Professional Edition
JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the public availability of TeamCity 6.5, a welcomed update to the most accessible Continuous Integration server for developers and build engineers.
TeamCity 6.5 comes with a restyled UI and many improvements based on our users' experience and feedback. These include support for advanced DVCS's usage scenarios and enhanced user experience while working with branches. Those using Git or Mercurial will especially appreciate the ability to run Personal Builds from the branches, with no IDE integration needed.
TeamCity 6.5 highlights include:
- Personal Builds on branches for Git and Mercurial
- Parametrized Version Control System roots
- Muting of failed tests
- Tests grouping in test results
- Remote Agent Installation (push agent software on remote workstation)
- JetBrains dotCover results from TeamCity can now be rendered within Microsoft Visual Studio
- PowerShell runner, MSpec support and numerous other features for .NET teams
- Many usability improvements in all IDE plugins
And last but not least, TeamCity Professional Edition is now rid of many previous limitations. Small and medium development teams can now run free TeamCity with an unlimited number of registered users, support for LDAP, and flexible per-project roles and permissions. We believe that this change will help many teams and startups around the globe to adopt Continuous Integration practices at literally zero expense.
To learn more about what's new in JetBrains TeamCity and to download the edition of your choice, please visit the official TeamCity website at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity.
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java(R) integrated development environment, IntelliJ(R) IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/), ReSharper and dotCover for .NET developers (see http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/, http://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover/) , RubyMine - a Ruby and Rails IDE (http://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/), and YouTrack - keyboard-centric issue and bug tracker ( http://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack), among others. JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and has R&D labs in St. Petersburg, Russia, Boston, MA, and Munich, Germany. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotCover, YouTrack and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.