Design Disruptors marks the first time design leaders from Airbnb, Google Ventures, Pinterest, Dropbox, Facebook, Zendesk, Netflix, Spotify and more discuss how they build the products shaping the way we live
NEW YORK, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- InVision, the world's leading product design collaboration platform, announced today its upcoming feature-length documentary film, "Design Disruptors," will premiere at San Francisco's landmark Castro Theatre this summer.
The film is a first for the industry, highlighting the world's most influential companies putting product design first, transforming the way we do everything from renting a car to finding new music.
"In Design Disruptors, we're uncovering what so many of the best companies already know—that the screen is the most important place in the world, and that design has become the new language of business," said Clark Valberg, CEO of InVision and executive producer of the film. "The user's experience on that screen has become the new front line in the battle for the hearts and minds of the consumer."
InVision produced the film, and will host multiple screenings of its highly-anticipated documentary in cities internationally, with online release on Monday, August 1, 2016. Following the San Francisco premiere, InVision will join design leaders from featured companies in a talkback session at the Castro Theater to explore the impact design has made—and continues to make—on the world today.
"Design Disruptors" weaves together the inspiring true stories of designers who have gone against the status quo, upending their respective industries by focusing on the end user through the lens of design. The film features expert voices from many of the world's leading companies, including:
- John Maeda, Design Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers and former President of the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
- Daniel Burka, Design Partner at Google Ventures
- Frank Yoo, Director of UX and Product Design for Lyft
- Ryan Donahue, Vice President of Global Design at Zendesk
- Andy Law, Lead Mobile Product Designer at Netflix
- Julie Zhuo, Vice President of Product Design at Facebook
- Katie Dill, Director of Experience Design at Airbnb
- Tobias Van Schneider, Former Lead Product Designer and Art Director at Spotify
- Aarron Walter, Vice President of Design Education at InVision and founder of UX practice at MailChimp
New trailers for the film are available now for preview.
Design Disruptors Premiere Schedule:
- Wed, June 29th - Castro Theatre in San Francisco
- *World Premiere Special Screening; talkback to follow
- Thurs, July 7th - London Palladium; talkback to follow
- Thurs, July 14th - The Kaye Playhouse at Hunter College in New York; talkback to follow
- Tues, July 19th - Crew Collective and Cafe in Montreal
- Thurs, July 21st - The Imperial in Vancouver during the Design and Content Conference
- Thurs, July 28th - Chicago (stay tuned for details)
- Late July TBD - Boston in partnership with HubSpot (stay tuned for details)
- Wed, August 3 - The Sugar Club in Dublin
- More screenings forthcoming in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Madrid, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and Sydney
Film screenings of "Design Disruptors" are free with RSVP. All proceeds from future sales of the film will benefit the AIGA Worldstudio Scholarship Fund, benefitting minority and economically disadvantaged students studying art and design disciplines in colleges and universities in the U.S.
To RSVP to attend a screening near you, to request to host a screening or to learn more about the film, please visit designdisruptors.com.
About "Design Disruptors"
Premiering the summer of 2016, "Design Disruptors" is a documentary showcasing how product design has become the most powerful competitive advantage for modern businesses, shaking up stale industries and redefining normal. Through a series of interviews with today's design leaders from Airbnb, Facebook, Google Ventures, Netflix, Pinterest, Salesforce, Spotify, Twitter and many more, "Design Disruptors" explores the most creative minds in a generation and how they use design to help people, businesses and society. To view the trailers and RSVP to see the film near you, please visit designdisruptors.com. Design Disruptors was produced by InVision and directed by Matt D'Avella.
InVision is the world's leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide nearly 2 million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, manage and user test web and mobile products without a single line of code. InVision drives design at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, Firstmark, Tiger Global and others, InVision is headquartered in New York City with a workforce of nearly 200 employees who work remotely from all over the world.
Director of PR and Communications