LONDON, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Changing Landscape of Work & Skills - preparing the nation for the future
- The conference offers attendees the perfect opportunity to gain valuable insight on the best practice from inspirational keynote speakers and business leaders
Instructus Group, the UK's largest provider, registration and certification authority for apprenticeships and work based education constantly strives to make a difference. And it is with this aim in mind that the group is offering a show-stopping conference, jam packed with the most valuable insights on the best practices and latest resources within UK wide industries.
The conference will play host to some the most of the country's most inspiring and experienced business speakers including: John Lewis' Head of Partner Development, Jane Beine; Director of Early Careers at Barclays, Mike Thompson;Role Model Apprentice and Systems Engineer for BAE Systems, Rachael Carr; former apprentice, CTO and CIO of BT, Paul Excell; the UK's leading employer organisation CBI as represented by Neil Carberry; Founder and Managing Partner of Optimity, Anthony Impey ; Professor Tristram Hooley, the Head of the International Centre for Guidance Studies and Mark Froud - MD of Federation of Industry Sector for Skills & Standards. A glittering business line up that promises not only spell-binding speeches, but incredible industry insights.
Instructus Group, CEO, David Holland comments. "In 2014 the UK economy grew by 3.2%, unemployment figures were at their lowest since 2008 and employment levels rose at the fastest rate since records began. However, the UK is rapidly heading toward negative inflation; this may be great news for consumers but will likely lead to stagnation for some UK businesses - this conference aims to address these and many more of burning issues businesses and employers are currently facing."
Over the next three to five years, UK businesses expect to see an increase in the number of jobs requiring leadership and management by 73%, whilst also increasing the jobs that require higher skills by 71%. However, during a recent survey conducted by CBI, 23% of employers stated that they were not confident in being able to fill their more highly skilled roles. The conference will further investigate and advise on how these skilled roles can be filled by appropriately trained apprenticeships, and how many of the nation's leading business will continue to fill these highly skilled roles into the future.
Topics covered at the conference include:
- Growth of Self-Employment - their future training needs
- Future of skills and professional development
- Challenges of employers and plugging skills gap
- The Future of Our Nation - upskilling/filling gaps
- Supply Chain - the rise of the self-employed individual
- Inspirational journeys from apprentice to leader
Date: Monday 8th June 2015, Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm, Location: Hilton Metropole, NEC Birmingham, B40 1PP, Pricing: £195 per Single Ticket incl VAT and £450 for a "Group of Three"- Ticket incl VAT
Notes to editors - About Instructus Group
Instructus is a national not-for-profit group, and as the largest UK developer of apprenticeship frameworks and the nation's independent QA authority for 30% of all apprenticed occupations, we
are major investors in skills, who know first-hand that the patterns of working are changing and traditional educational pathways are not fit for purpose for employers in a growing economy.
Speakers to be confirmed include:
- Sir Ian Cheshire - Former CEO of Kingfisher Group
- Michael Action Smith - Chair of Moshi Monsters
- Lord Digby Jones - Former President of the CBI
- Lord Baker of Dorking - Former Secretary of Education
- Sir John Sorrell -- Founder and Chairman of the Creative Industries Federation
- Yonatan Raz Friedman - Founder & CEO Kano
- John Greenslade - The Anvil Group
- Janet McCollum - Head of HR Europe Moy Park
- Dr Lukas Fecker - EY Global Head of Banking
SOURCE Instructus Group