- INRIX Real-Time Traffic and Travel Time Information Fuels New Apps and Services on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge and Gear S
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Samsung Developer Conference 2014 -- INRIX®, Inc. has entered a strategic partnership with Samsung focused on levering mobile technology to connect cars for smarter cities.
Debuting on Samsung's new lineup of mobile devices just in time for the holidays, INRIX real-time traffic and travel time insight powers several new apps and services designed to help drivers save time, fuel and avoid frustration every day including:
- "Car Mode." Consumers can set their device to automatically switch to a driver friendly user interface that uses voice controls and larger, crisper fonts and button sizes to make it easier to get traffic information, make calls, listen to messages and play music on the road. Car mode provides real-time traffic maps showing the best routes, travel times and ETAs to home and work in traffic. Continuously monitoring conditions on the driver's route throughout their journey, car mode also provides voice alerts to drivers about accidents and other incidents in enough time to avoid delays as well as access to real-time insight into the closest available off-street parking and least expensive place to refuel.
- "My Places" Widget. Samsung's new My Places widget provides Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge owners with 'glance and go' insight into the best route, travel time and ETA from their current location to home and to work.
- Samsung Gear S Smartwatch and INRIX XD Traffic app integration. INRIX XD Traffic app users now can receive departure alerts for saved places in the app that tells them the best time to leave and expected travel time in traffic to their destination.
- "Morning!" Smart Alarm Clock App. Morning! Smart Alarm Clock is a smart alarm app that gets you up and going with weather, traffic conditions to work, your appointments of the day, and unread emails – all to help you get your day started right. INRIX helps this app jump start commuters' day each morning with insight into recommended departure times and travel times in traffic to work and alerts to accidents and other incidents causing delays on their route.
"Together with Samsung we're transforming how millions of drivers navigate their world," said INRIX Vice President of Marketing Jon Maron. "By connecting drivers through collaborations with partners and customers like Samsung, we're not only making navigation easier for Samsung device owners but creating a network effect that makes our roads work smarter for all drivers."
INRIX is at the forefront of connecting cars to smarter cities. INRIX's real-time traffic information and driver services are on the road today from a variety of automakers including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Toyota. These services help drivers do everything from navigate through the day's traffic to find the closest, least expensive fuel or available parking and EV charging locations. In the public sector, more than 60 transportation agencies worldwide use INRIX traffic information and analytics tools to help streamline daily operations, to pinpoint investments in roads and transit, and to deliver better traveler information services.
INRIX is one of the fastest growing big data technology companies in the world. The company leverages big data analytics that connects cars for smarter cities that reduce the individual, economic and environmental toll of traffic congestion. Through cutting-edge data intelligence and predictive traffic technologies, INRIX helps leading automakers, fleets, governments and news organizations make it easier for drivers to navigate their world. Our vision is simple – to solve traffic, empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce.
Whether through an in-car or smartphone navigation application, a local newscast or our INRIX XD™ Traffic app, our up-to-the-minute traffic information and other driver services help millions of drivers save time, fuel and frustration. INRIX delivers traffic and driving-related insight, as well as sophisticated analytical tools and services across six industries covering more than four million miles (6.4 million km) of road in 40 countries. For more information visit us at www.INRIX.com.
SOURCE INRIX, Inc.