Mar. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ltxhqf/innovative_drug) has announced the addition of the "Innovative Drug Delivery Systems Opportunities for Generic & Specialty Pharmaceutical Companies" report to their offering.
There are more than 1400 sustained or controlled release drugs have been approved all over the world. Revenues within the global generics market reached an estimated value of $265 b in 2012, showing a growth of 9.3% throughout the year. The contribution of generics is approximately 20% of overall international pharmaceutical market. The utilization of generic in terms of volume is higher in the US and lower in Japan, 89% and 24% respectively.
The oral drug delivery market remains the largest slice of the overall drug delivery market, with more than 52% of the market share. It is presently valued at $49 billion and is expected to reach over $90 billion by 2016, at a CAGR of 11%. The growth in the oral drug delivery market shall be driven primarily by newer technologies enabling controlled release formulations of oral drugs and oral formulations of injectable only drugs.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Generic Business - Present Status and Future Opportunities
2. Therapeutic focus and Trends in Advanced drug Delivery System based on recent deals
3. Patent expiry impact and generic companies strategies -Super generics
4. The relationship between solubility and permeability in formulations
5. Formulation approach for water -insoluble drugs and oral peptide delivery
6. FDA guidelines for 505 (b)(2) applications and advantage of development
7. Types of changes allowed in 505 (b)(2) development and its advantage
8. Regulatory challenges in clinical data requirement in 505(b)(2) development and safety studies
9. Analysis, Application and Advantages of formulations technologies for more than 75 pharma companies with over 100 formulation technologies in oral and injectable formulations discussed
10. Late stage pipeline development for discussed specialty Pharma companies
11. The discussed formulations proprietary technologies includes Colal, Glide SDI, Arestat, GeoClock, GeoMatrix, FlashTab, Lock Tab, Medusa, Eligen, Oradur, EnteriCare and Saber
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ltxhqf/innovative_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets