CHILLY-MAZARIN, France, August 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
InGen BioSciences, specialized in the development and commercialization of mono and multiparametric in vitro diagnostic tests announced exclusive partnerships with two key in vitro diagnostic companies, Quidel and Diagnostic Hybrids, for the distribution of their innovative tests on the French market.
"These exclusive partnerships will allow InGen BioSciences to answer French biologists' unmet needs for early bacterial and viral infectious diseases as well as early and effective pregnancy detection, by providing doctors with advanced rapid tools for patient management," comments Isabelle Buckle, CEO of InGen BioSciences.
Quidel Corporation (San Diego, California, US) a leading provider of rapid diagnostic testing solutions trusts InGen BioSciences expertise for the distribution of 14 rapid tests (acting in 3 to 15 minutes, depending on the test) on 7 different parameters in Infectious Diseases and Reproductive Health.
"Quidel's products portfolio, marketed under the QuickVue® brand name, currently includes tests that aid in the diagnosis of Influenza, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Strep A, Infectious Mononucleosis, H. Pylori, Chlamydia and pregnancy," says Douglas Bryant, president and CEO of Quidel Corporation. "We are excited by the opportunity of commercializing our rapid diagnostic assays in France with our new partner InGen BioSciences."
Diagnostic Hybrids (Athens, Ohio, US), part of Quidel is a leader in cellular-based virology assays. Diagnostic Hybrids formed a strategic partnership with InGen BioSciences for the distribution in France of its Culture and Direct Fluorescent Antibody (DFA) diagnostics for the identification of major viruses, such as Influenza, H1N1 Influenza A, Metapneumovirus, and Herpes infections (Herpes Simplex Virus, Cytomegalovirus, Varicella-zoster Virus).
Notes to Editors
About the InGen BioSciences Group
The ambition of excellence
The InGen BioSciences Group, a flexible, reactive, client centric company striving for optimum innovation (products and services) to meet the needs of biologists for their patients - develops and markets (proprietary or licensed) advanced in vitro diagnostic kits and automats for clinical use.
- The company's primary focus is on infectious diseases, transplant diagnostics, auto-immunity, quality control products and rapid tests including its proprietary product Tétanos Quick Stick®.
- Turnover reached 23.3 M€ in 2011.
- InGen BioSciences supplies with seamless services a large selection of high-performing reagents combined with platform analysis to roughly 750 European customers. Its current customers are hospitals, private laboratories, blood transfusion services and research laboratories.
- InGen, the distribution part of the Group, has historical footprint in France, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland and strong brand recognition in Europe with 25 longstanding partnerships.
- The Group's R&D arm, IBS, specialises in the development of mono and multiparametric tests using proteomics technologies - IBS brings to market clinically relevant , innovative, CE marked and IVDD compliant assays that are minimally invasive, fast, cost-effective. Over 15 patent families, 39 patent applications are currently registered.
- The group is ISO 9001 (2008) and 13485 (2004) certified.
- Sustainable strategic alliances are key for InGen BioSciences Group to pursue its mission in delivering innovative solutions to unsolved matters worldwide with IVD companies for product distribution, acquisitions & geographic expansion or with academics, biotech and pharma for companion tests, in-licensing, co-development & in-house development of proprietary technologies.
For more information about InGen BioSciences please visit: http://www.ingenbiosciences.com
About Quidel Corporation
Quidel Corporation serves to enhance the health and well being of people around the globe through the development of diagnostic solutions that can lead to improved patient outcomes and provide economic benefits to the healthcare system. Marketed under the QuickVue®, AmpliVue®, Sofia®, D3® Direct Detection and Thyretain® leading brand names, Quidel's products aid in the detection and diagnosis of many critical diseases and conditions, including Influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, Strep A, infectious mononucleosis, herpes, pregnancy, thyroid disease and fecal occult blood. Quidel's research and development engine is also developing a continuum of diagnostic solutions from advanced lateral-flow and direct fluorescent antibody to molecular diagnostic tests to further improve the quality of healthcare in physicians' offices and hospital and reference laboratories.
For more information about Quidel please visit http://www.quidel.com
About Diagnostic Hybrids
Diagnostic Hybrids, based in Athens, Ohio, US, is a market leader in manufacturing and commercializing direct fluorescent in vitro diagnostic assays used in hospital and reference laboratories for a variety of diseases, including viral respiratory infections, herpes, Chlamydia and other viral infections, and thyroid diseases. Diagnostic Hybrids' strategy is to leverage its antibody development and cell culture expertise to develop new products that address significant market opportunities. DHI has been acquired by Quidel in February 2010.
For any further information please contact:
Bahar Turkoglu, CCA France
email@example.com or +33(0)1-41-43-02-27
SOURCE InGen BioSciences