ROLLE, Switzerland, June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Inspired Performance the First of Three Themes in International Digital Art Competition
- Jury of World-Class Experts in Art, Design, and Marketing Appointed to Select Finalists From Shortlist of Artworks
- Six Individual Pieces to be Chosen From Interior Display and External Building Projection Competition Categories, for Exhibition During Forthcoming Opening Ceremonies of New Flagship Infiniti Centres Across Europe
- Creations Submitted During Inspired Performance Theme to Draw Cues From Infiniti's Core DNA and Model Range and Incorporate Dynamic and Artistic Elements From Marque's Global Brand Partnerships
Infiniti, the luxury performance automotive brand from Japan, has appointed a jury of some of the most world-renowned names in art, design, and marketing to select the six finalists of the opening theme of their recently-launched international Digital Art Competition.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
'Inspired Performance' is the first of three subjects scheduled during the year-long and free-to-enter contest, and invites participants of any age, country and level of artistic talent, to create spectacular computer-generated images or videos using innovative techniques including 2D, 3D projections, and holograms. Entries uploaded to the website of contest hosts, designboom (designboom.com), the online art, architecture and design magazine in either the interior display or external projection categories, should draw cues from Infiniti's stunning model range and brand DNA, whilst equally reflecting the artistic and dynamic elements of the marque's global brand partnerships such as Cirque du Soleil.
The judging panel, which brings together recognised experts and influencers in the sphere of creative design, will collectively choose the most outstanding examples of digital art from fifty of the theme's most exceptional pieces as nominated by designboom and Infiniti. Each of the six individuals who reach this stage of the competition will enjoy the unique privilege of seeing their work displayed across some of the most beautiful cities in Europe before an audience of over 1,500 people at the opening ceremonies of new flagship Infiniti Centres. All guests will be eligible to vote online for their favourite pieces to determine the overall winner of the theme who will receive a prize fund worth EUR10,000.
Infiniti is delighted to name the first jury for the Inspired Performance theme as follows:
- Adrian Newey is Chief Technical Officer of the Red Bull Racing Formula One team who is recognised across the globe as one of the leading experts in design and aerodynamics in motorsport, and has been responsible for masterminding numerous race-winning cars. Adrian played a key role in Red Bull Racing securing both the Drivers and Constructors titles in the 2010-2011 Formula One season, and continues to have a large influence over technological innovation in the sport.
- Birgit Lohmann is the Editor-in-Chief, and Co-Founder of the online designboom magazine. She has accumulated a wealth of over 20 years of experience in the sphere of art and design, during which she has worked as a product development manager for a number of Italian architects and master designers, including Achille Castiglioni and Vico Magistretti, amongst others. Furthermore, Birgit is a highly respected lecturer on industrial design at a number of prestigious international universities.
- Yeoh Guan Hong holds the positions of Co-Founder and Creative Director of the Shanghai-based design and media technology consultancy, Super Nature Design, and is Director of the design studio Hyperthesis Visual Lab in New Zealand. Yeoh has lectured in new media art, and works on many innovative projects in the domains of product design, interactive installations and animations, of which many have received awards and been recognised in design exhibitions across the globe.
- Jean-Pierre Diernaz is the Marketing Director of Infiniti Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa. A sales and marketing specialist who joined Nissan Europe from the Ford Motor Company in 2005, Jean-Pierre has for many years demonstrated a passion for art and design and is equally responsible for introducing and spearheading the world's first ever international digital art competition on behalf of Infiniti.
Commenting on the unveiling of the highly acclaimed jury for the Inspired Performance theme of the Infiniti Digital Art Competition, Jean-Pierre Diernaz, Marketing Director of Infiniti Europe, says: "Performance is the never ending quest for perfection, and is the driving force behind the desire of individuals to focus on the detail in their journey to achieve the very best. This represents the perfect way to start the contest where we will see the pinnacle of artistic talent from participants who will demonstrate their ultimate creativity whilst being inspired by the Infiniti marque".
Mr Diernaz adds: "We are very pleased to welcome our jury members to the Infiniti Digital Art Competition, a team of thought leaders who are each very regarded in their field, and it is a real privilege to work alongside them. The high standard of entries expected in the contest will no doubt make for a very challenging selection process."
Birgit Lohmann, Editor-in-Chief of competition host designboom explains: "Digital and interactive media is one of the fastest growing sectors in both art and industry, continually pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are excited to see what kinds of new experiences and environments artists will create with the open opportunity that the Infiniti Digital Art Competition offers them."
Entry to the Inspired Performance theme of the Infiniti Digital Art Competition closes on 08 July 2011.
To enter the competition and to view terms and conditions, visit http://www.designboom.com/infiniti or http://www.infiniti.eu
Infiniti comes from Japan. Its line-up of performance sedans, coupes, convertibles, SUVs and crossovers is now being launched across the globe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centres or dealerships which share a commitment to individualised and exceptional customer service. For more information, see Infiniti.com
The world's first web-based art, architecture and design magazine, designboom publishes key contemporary issues and critiques of all aspects of art, architecture and design through the organisation of design exhibitions and collaboration with leading companies on the sponsorship of international design competitions. Designboom encourages a continuing dialogue between creative professionals, industry and society.Video: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prne/infiniti/48918/