NEW YORK, August 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
India is one of the fastest growing economies among developing nations and is experiencing a major change in lifestyle of individuals. Changing supplement habits, absence of physical activities and rising demand of individuals in desk-bound employments has increased the consumption of fast foods and packaged nourishments in India. This has played a key role in increasing the occurrences of lifestyle diseases, like Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Obesity, Cardio-Vascular diseases. Consumers, belonging to upper and middle class are searching for supplements offering balanced nutrition. Consumers are looking for energy-boosting products to enhance their physical perseverance, mental sharpness and to become more dynamic and conscious, consequently increasing the demand for dietary supplements in India. Dietary supplement refers to any item consumed by mouth that contains a dietary component and/or another dietary component intended to provide a balanced diet. In India, dietary supplements are sold in many forms like tablets, capsules, powders, liquids, soft caps and soft gels, under the banner of Fast Moving Healthcare Goods (FMCG). These products are promptly accessible to consumers through chemist shops, confectionary stores and online channels.
Increasing health consciousness, stressful and hectic lifestyles, lack of time to cook meals at home due to increasing number of working class females and rising per-capita income are few of the major growth drivers of the dietary supplements market in India.
Dietary Supplements Market: Drivers and Restraints
India dietary supplements market is growing at a significantly high rate and the market size stood at around USD1-2 billion in 2015. Increasing purchasing power of customers, especially in tier I & II cities of India, has been a major driving factor for the market. Increasing awareness among consumers about preventive healthcare has also increased the consumer focus towards these products. Furthermore, growth in the organised retail and E-commerce has also improved the visibility and availability of these products in the market thereby, increasing the overall awareness of these products.
Lack of proper standardization in the market has been a major challenge in the market and has resulted in number of small companies offering products which are not up to the quality standards. Other factors such as prevalence of counterfeit products and price skimming are few other challenges present in India Dietary Supplements Market.
Dietary Supplements Market: Segmentation
The Dietary Supplements Market is classified on the basis of product type (Protein Supplements, Vitamins & minerals, Herbals, Probiotic, & Others).
India Dietary Supplements Market, by Product Type
- Protein Supplements
- Vitamins & minerals
- Others (Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Antioxidants, etc.)
India Dietary Supplements Market: By Region
North and West regions of the country accounted for a major share in the country on account of high increasing awareness, rising employment rate, etc. Tier I & II cities, have been the major demand generators for India Dietary Supplements Market.
India Dietary Supplements Market: Key Players
Himalaya, Abbot, Dabur, GlaxoSmithKline and Amway are some of the major players operating in dietary supplements market in India.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Size, Market Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Product Type, By Region & By Company
- Regional Analysis for the following regions:
- North Region
- South Region
- West Region
- East Region
- Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Challenges & their Impact Analysis)
- Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Regional analysis includes
- North Region (Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow)
- South Region (Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad)
- West Region (Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Jaipur)
- East Region (Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna)
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of dietary supplements market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How do growth rates in the market vary by segment, sub-segments and region?
- What are the most important growth drivers and opportunities in the market?
- What strategies should market competitors employ to gain share in mature segments of the market?
- What are the competitor profiles in this market and how do they compete for market share?
About TechSci Research
TechSci Research is a leading global market research firm publishing premium market research reports. Serving 700 global clients with more than 600 premium market research studies, TechSci Research is serving clients across 11 different industrial verticals. TechSci Research specializes in research based consulting assignments in high growth and emerging markets, leading technologies and niche applications. Our workforce of more than 100 fulltime Analysts and Consultants employing innovative research solutions and tracking global and country specific high growth markets helps TechSci clients to lead rather than follow market trends.
Mr. Ken Mathews
708 Third Avenue,
New York - 10017
Connect with us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/TechSciResearch
Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/techsci-research
SOURCE TechSci Research