RUEIL-MALMAISON, France, September 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
IFP School, the graduate school for energy and transportation professions, is launching its first free on-line course on sustainable mobility. This MOOC is delivered in English and will be spread over four weeks, from 3 to 30 November 2014. If you want to know more about engine design for tomorrow's vehicles or environmental and societal issues related to mobility, register today on http://mooc.sustainable-mobility.ifp-school.com
Over 4 weeks, participants will address issues such as how engines work, fuel production and specifications, the formation of pollutants and post-treatment systems, technologies to reduce consumption and emissions and, finally, alternative powertrains and energy. They will thus be fully prepared to understand the technological, economic and environmental challenges facing the automotive industry within the context of the energy transition.
This course has been designed for anyone - with a minimum of 2 years of higher education - who is interested in the challenges of mobility, especially students in the field of energy and professionals working in the automotive industry. At the end of the course, participants will be awarded skill badges and a certificate attesting their participation.
This MOOCs contains a serious game that helps participants assimilate knowledge through practical application. IFP School has thus designed a 2nd generation MOOC characterized by reinforced interactivity.
Participants will have the opportunity to follow courses given by IFP School professors and to benefit from their experience of using innovative teaching approaches. In this way they can acquire the fundamental knowledge needed to understand the mobility stakes, especially in the automotive industry.
- Title: Sustainable mobility: technical and environmental challenges for the automotive sector
- Dates: from 3 to 30 November 2014
- Registration (free of charge) on: http://mooc.sustainable-mobility.ifp-school.com
- Estimated study time: 2 to 3 hours a week
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: Minimum of 2 years of higher education
- Economic context and regulations
- Mobility of tomorrow's world
- The faculty team: Olivier Bernaert, Nadine Bret-Rouzaut, Prakash Chandra Dewangan, Arash Farnoosh, Sidney Lambert-Lalitte, Ludivine Pidol and Maria Thirouard.
- Landing page: http://mooc.ifp-school.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press contact: email@example.com
1. These badges are rewards given to participants who have attended regularly and have validated the week's course.
SOURCE IFP School