DUBLIN, Feb 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Identity Management in IoT: Identity of Things (IDoT) Market Outlook and Forecasts 2017 - 2022" report to their offering.
Today's Internet of Things (IoT) deployments largely represent silo implementations of company-centric solutions. The future scalability of IoT will depend on communications between different suppliers, service providers, and users on a cross industry vertical basis. In order to support this future, there is a need for reliable identification of assets (platforms, gateways, devices, and data) in IoT.
There is a need for Identity of Things (IDoT) management solutions to support communications between otherwise disparate IoT systems and networks. These solutions will evolve to include critical support functionality such as IDoT verification, permissions management, and discovery that will be provided by a combination of premise-based and cloud-based infrastructure.
Closely associated with Thing Identity is Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) functions relied upon to verify Thing Identity and allow things to engage in various communications and actions. However, AAA requires the availability of reliable identity information associated with IoT network elements, devices, actors, and data.
This research evaluates the technologies, companies, solutions, and infrastructure to support IDoT. The report assesses the current state of digital identification management and looks towards the future needs of IDoT.
The report includes details forecasts for IDoT globally, regionally, and by industry vertical and deployment model. All purchases of this report includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Digital ID to play a Key Role in IoT Authentication and Security;
- There will be a need to deal with the inevitable IoT Spoofing that will occur;
- IoT Identity as a Service in the Cloud will constitute 47% of deployments by 2022;
- There will be a sizable opportunity for database services in support of IoT ID management;
- Efficient IDoT solutions will become imperative as IoT moves beyond silo company-centric operations.
- Amazon Web Service
- Certified Security Solutions (CSS)
- Covisint Corporation
- GMO GlobalSign
- Micro Focus (NetIQ)
- Nexus Group
- Ping Identity
- Rubicon Labs
- Wireless Registry
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Identity of Things Overview
4. IDoT Management Solutions
5. IDoT Platform Market Forecasts 2017 - 2022
6.Companies and Solutions
7. Future of IDoT
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
9. Appendix: Identifying and Addressing Things
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rxfvgm/identity
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets