BARCELONA, Spain, October 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Joint Solution Protects and Migrates Critical Workloads on the IBM Cloud
Zerto, whose innovative disaster recovery solutions provide 'Resilience for Evolving IT™', today announced its flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, will be used by IBM Cloud to offer disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS). The DRaaS solution protects VMware workloads with IBM Cloud as a disaster recovery target. Zerto's industry leading recovery point objective (RPO) of seconds and recovery time objective (RTO) of minutes gives customers peace of mind that business critical applications are fully protected on the IBM Cloud.
"The IBM DRaaS solution powered by Zerto offers IBM customers the flexibility, control and scale they need to protect their important applications and data from ordinary impacts such as human error, to the catastrophic such as natural disasters and even ransomware attacks," said Paul Zeiter, President of Zerto. "Zerto with IBM Cloud now delivers automation to recover customers' on-premises workloads in the cloud in a matter of minutes."
"We are very excited to bring our customers ,the combined value of Zerto's rich feature set around data recovery and IBM Cloud," said Shantu Roy, director of IBM Cloud for VMware.
IBM Cloud is offering DRaaS based on Zerto Virtual Replication to help organizations protect and migrate workloads in hybrid cloud environments. Capability highlights include:
- Cloud-Based DRaaS - BC/DR for virtualized workloads in the IBM cloud with an RPO of seconds and RTO of minutes with no snapshots or impact to production applications.
- Data Corruption Recovery - Use the Cloud to improve resilience by overcoming accidental or intentional corruption such as ransomware attacks.
- Automated Recovery - Automatically recover to any point in time in minutes with seconds of data loss in case of disasters.
- Non-Disruptive Testing - With no impact to production, customers can test their DR solution at any time, giving end users confidence their cloud environment will perform as business needs require.
- Application Consistency - Recover complex applications running across multiple virtual machines and servers to any point in time in the cloud with service levels and recovery reporting to respond to audits.
For more information, visit the Zerto for IBM Cloud page.
In today's connected world, businesses need to be available to their customers, 24/7/365. Zerto provides Resilience for Evolving IT™, ensuring enterprises and their customers always have access to applications without any IT interruption, downtime or delay. Zerto's award-winning Cloud Continuity Platform, protecting thousands of enterprises worldwide, is the simplest, most reliable BC/DR software solution built to protect applications on any virtualized IT environment, be it public, private or hybrid cloud. Zerto's proactive approach to recovery gives companies confidence in their ability to withstand any disruption, incorporate new technology easily, and quickly adapt to accommodate evolving IT priorities. Learn more at http://www.zerto.com.