- Leading business experts share experiences on engaging connected viewers and harnessing data -
LONDON, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This year's IBC Leaders' Summit will deliver penetrating insight into the new media ecology, from the emerging behavior of 'Generation C' to the rise of companion screens and the growing power of data analytics, all underpinned by exclusive empirical research specially commissioned for the conference by leading research firm Deloitte. The IBC Leaders' Summit, an exclusive invitation-only event designed specifically for the most influential and visionary people in the electronic media and entertainment industry, takes place on 12 September 2013 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
IBC Leaders' Summit Consultant Editor, Graham Lovelace, said, "This research has been commissioned in order to help media companies review and refine their strategies based on the very latest information about viewer behaviours and the power of data in the new era of connected TV. The findings will provide an invaluable insight into the current state of the market at a time of rapid industry change and will shape the debates that unfold during the Summit." More details about the research can be found at www.ibc.org/deloitteresearch, including a video interview with Paul Lee, Head of Global TMT Research at Deloitte.
In response to the ever-changing media landscape, the IBC Leaders' Summit programme has evolved to closely reflect and address fast-paced issues and developments. This year's Summit has the over-arching title 'Please Adjust Your Set: Retuning Your Strategy for the Connected Era,' and features a streamlined set of sessions for an intensive day of high-level discussion and debate about the new connected world.
Delegates will hear from key industry figures who will give their own perspectives and experiences as well as debating industry issues. Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Dan Ligtvoet, Executive Vice President, Managing Director, Viacom International Media Networks, Northern Europe
- Daniel Danker, Chief Product Officer, Shazam
- Michael Comish, CEO, Tesco Digital Entertainment
- Marty Pompadur, Global Vice Chairman, Media and Entertainment, Macquarie Capital Partners
- Gerry O'Sullivan, SVP Global TV and Entertainment, Deutsche Telekom
- Brian Sullivan, CEO, Sky Deutschland
- Mascha Driessen, YouToo Global & Partner/Director, AdBirds Europe
- Paul Lee, Head of Global TMT Research, co-author of TMT Predictions, Deloitte
- Gina Nieri, Director of Institutional & Legal Affairs and Strategic Analysis, Mediaset
- Victor N. Pinchuk, Deputy Director General, Operations and Development, Russian TV and Radio
- Sir Hossein Yassaie PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Imagination Technologies Group plc
- Rob Webster, Commercial Group Director, BSkyB
The event will be attended by representatives from companies including BBC, Discovery Networks, HBS, ITV, Paramount Pictures and Red Bull Media House. Those wishing to register their interest in attending the IBC Leaders' Summit should visit www.ibc.org/leaderssummit where there is also up-to-the-minute information about the event.