DUBLIN, Mar. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/663vj6/hydroponics) has announced the addition of the "Hydroponics Market by Crops (Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber, Pepper, Marijuana & Others): A Global Insight Through 2015 to 2020 with Special focus on the U.S. & India Market" report to their offering.
The global hydroponics crop value is anticipated to grow from $18.8 billion in 2014 to $27.29 billion in 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 6.39 % from 2015 to 2020
The report presents a comprehensive outlook of the global hydroponics market, mapped across the key crop types and geographies. The report is the culmination of insightful opinions of industry leaders, both from the demand and supply side along with a thorough understanding of the entire ecosystem, incorporating key market drivers and challenges for the current and forecast years.
The penetration of hydroponics in farming techniques is being largely driven by the magnanimous difference in the yield quantity, when compared with soil-based farming methods. Moreover, after legalization of medicinal marijuana companies are jumping in to commercially produce the plant hydroponically, in the U.S. and other states of America. However, the paucity of awareness and absence of dedicated education of soil-less farming practices among the farming sector is one of the major pain points for the hydroponic market.
Key takeaways from the report:
- The hydroponics yield on an average is approximately 10 times more than obtained through soil based farming for the same area of land
- The key cops prevalent in the global scenario have been identified as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Lettuce, and others (Strawberries, melons)
- The total land area under the cultivation of these crops, when grown hydroponically is expected to grow over 44,219 hectares by the end of the forecast period.
- Tomatoes will continue with its trend of market hegemony, maintaining a 50% market value share of value throughout the forecast period.
- The legalization of marijuana and the increasing adoption of hydroponics to grow it at home and commercial level will be one of the major drivers
- Cost in the form of initial investment will continue to be one of the biggest challenges facing the new entrants in the market
- Most of the American and European countries produce a large chunk of fruits and vegetables hydroponically
- The geographical analysis for precision farming market has identified Europe to be dominating the market in 2014, but the growth rate will remain modest at an average 2.3 % per year over the forecast period
- North America will be the fastest growing region for hydroponics, growing at a CAGR of 9.10% through the forecast years. U.S. will lead the North American Hydroponics market
- Where tomatoes are the dominant crop type globally, India generates almost 40% of its crop value through lettuce and other green/leafy vegetables, when grown hydroponically
- Key market players in the global hydroponics landscape are Village Farms International, Thanet Earth, Pegasus Agritech, Terra Tech, Grow Life, and American Hydroponics among others
Some of the key private players in the industry include:
- Ag Integrated
- Ally Precision Industries
- Amazone GmbH
- Bestway Inc.
- Dickey-john Corp.
- Micro Trak Systems
- TeeJet technologies
- Tru Count and ZedX Inc.
The key public players in the industry include:
- John Deere & Company
- Lindsay Corp.
- Toro Company
- Trimble Navigation
- Yara International
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Report description
3. Introduction to Hydroponics
4. Global hydroponics market snapshot
5. Hydroponics industry analysis
6. Hydroponics market dynamics
7. Analysis of Key Crops in the Global Hydroponics Market
8. Geographical analysis for global hydroponics market
9. Indian hydroponics market statistics and dynamics
10. Analysing the Indian hydroponics market
11. Hydroponics competitive landscape
12. Key hydroponic producers profile
13. Hydroponics: The way forward (Conclusion)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/663vj6/hydroponics
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets