GERMANTOWN, Maryland, February 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Enhancements strengthen leadership of HX product line across specialty and mobility markets
Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), the global leader in broadband satellite networks and services, today announced the planned release of HX System 4.0, bringing a host of technology enhancements to the HX product family which will enable higher performance, higher efficiency, and a number of significant new features. Summarized below, these enhancements further strengthen the HX System's leadership in specialty markets such as IP trunking, 3G/4G cellular backhaul, Virtual Network Operator (VNO) hosting, and "Comms On-The-Move" (COTM) for airborne/maritime/land, including defense and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions.
- A major element of HX System 4.0 is a dual stack IPv6/IPv4 design which will enable the simultaneous support of both protocols. The ability to implement IPv6 is fast becoming a critical issue for every telecommunications service provider as the availability of new IPv4 address space is quickly disappearing. HX System 4.0 will enable operators to smoothly transition to IPv6 while continuing to support their installed base of IPv4 customers and devices.
HX90 Satellite Broadband Router
- The new HX 90 features higher efficiency and lower operational costs on satellite links through a new optimized encapsulation scheme on the outroute, and through LDPC coding on the inroute, the same coding scheme as used in the DVB-S2 standard. Combined with a major performance boost across the entire HX System family of routers, in sum these enhancements provide operators with best-in-class throughputs and efficiencies.
Defense & Mobility Support
- HX System 4.0 brings to market key functionality and specific operational frequencies in support of the Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) system for military and defense organizations. In addition, HX System 4.0 encompasses a comprehensive set of enhanced mobility features including integrated Doppler correction, automatic beam switching, and enhanced return channel spreading for even the most demanding COTM applications.
Network Management Enhancements
- The industry leading HX ExpertNMS™ (Network Management System) has been upgraded in HX System 4.0 to provide enhanced management capabilities for VNOs. This new capability enables a VNO to monitor and control elements within their operational service domain, allowing a wholesale network operator to effectively partition their network and provide complete control to private users of these partitions.
"We are excited to bring our wide range of operator, enterprise and military customers the extensive benefits of HX System 4.0 for fixed and on-the-move broadband satellite solutions," said Dave Jupin, vice president, International Division, Hughes. "Supporting the full range of C-, Ku-, Ka-, and L-band frequencies, as well as WGS frequencies, the HX System 4.0 is the ideal choice across all specialty and mobility market sectors."
HX System 4.0 will be available for delivery later in 2012. To learn more please visit http://www.HX40.hughes.com.
About Hughes Network Systems
Hughes Network Systems, LLC (Hughes) is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. HughesNet® is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 2.8 million systems to customers in over 100 countries, representing over 50 percent market share. Its products employ global standards approved by the TIA, ETSI and ITU organizations, including IPoS/DVB-S2, RSM-A, and GMR-1.
Headquartered outside Washington, D.C., in Germantown, Maryland, USA, Hughes operates sales and support offices worldwide, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS), a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions. For additional information about Hughes, please visit http://www.hughes.com.
©2012 Hughes Network Systems, LLC. Hughes, HughesNet, and HX ExpertNMS are trademarks of Hughes Network Systems, LLC.
SOURCE Hughes Network Systems, LLC