UITHOORN, The Netherlands, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- HOYA signs a multiple-year contract with Eye diagnostics innovator i-Optics to offer opticians the EasyScan 3 minute eye care test services for life-long eye health.
i-Optics, the inventor of the Easyscan retinal imaging device and HOYA Vision Care signed a multiple-year contract to launch a unique collaboration in the optical retail market.
i-Optics developed the EasyScan to make medical grade images of the retina within three minutes and without any need of pupil dilation. This solution provides opticians the tools for early diagnosis of eye diseases and consumer education on disease prevention. The new market combination enables opticians worldwide to launch a new way of working which focuses on the preservation of eye-health by providing affordable eye exams and customized advice on best lens selection.
HOYA sees the direct connection of retinal imaging and protective lens treatments for protection against harmful UV rays and blue light emissions from digital devices. Besides that, it actively involves the customers in the purchasing process of their new pair of lenses and helps to raise awareness of the importance of good eye care and eye care solutions.
HOYA and i-Optics start their partnership this summer in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy and the USA. As of the beginning of 2015 both companies expect to expand their exclusive collaboration globally.
i-Optics pioneers smart and superior eye diagnosis solutions that are affordable, fast and user-friendly for care providers worldwide to serve their patients best. Its innovations include:
- EasyScan - A breakthrough, zero-dilation retinal imaging system that uses SLO technology to diagnose retinal diseases including diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and glaucoma.
- EasyScan three minute eye care test - A full service program for opticians to differentiate their dispensary. The program creates a unique consumer experience that allows the optician to differentiate from competition and boost revenues.
- EyePrevent - An effective and cost-efficient retinal disease screening service for diabetic and other patients to help prevent vision loss.
- Cassini - A first-of-its-kind Corneal Shape Analyzer based on Color LED Technology. Cassini measures the true axis and magnitude of corneal astigmatism and is essential for premium IOL planning. Cassini completes the premium cataract-refractive platform.
HOYA is a Japanese multinational med-tech company and leading supplier of innovative and indispensable high-tech and healthcare products based on its advanced optics technologies. HOYA is active in two main business segments: The Life Care segment deals in health care related products such as eyeglass lenses and operates retail shops for contact lenses, as well as medical related products such as intraocular lenses for cataract surgery and medical endoscopes. The Information Technology segment handles electronics products for semiconductors and LCD panels, glass disks for HDDs and optical lenses for digital cameras and smartphones. HOYA Group comprises of over 100 subsidiaries and affiliates and over 35,000 people worldwide.
SOURCE HOYA Vision Care Europe