LONDON, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The leading agenda-setter of the hospitality and tourism industry, the British Hospitality Association (BHA) and television heavyweights ITN Productions celebrated the premier screening of the latest programme titled 'Hospitality News'. The successful premier accompanied by a gala dinner took place at the Novotel London West. The event, which attracted over 550 delegates, paid host to a series of round table discussions, breakout sessions and networking recesses.
During the conference, Tourism Minister Helen Grant announced the formation of the first ever industry-led Tourism Council. She explained the council will be a joint government and industry partnership aimed at improving skills, boosting the quantity and quality of jobs available in the sector and driving growth.
Twitter UK Managing Director, Bruce Daisley explained how social media is creating new conversations for those in Hospitality and Tourism that in-turn lead to new customer acquisition and having customers feeling like their voice is being heard.
In addition, Thomas Dubaere, Managing Director of Accor UK & Ireland shared some of the key growth and expansion plans for the group that will create hundreds of jobs.
To see the full programme, more ITN interviews from BHA's annual conference and specialised content from industry professionals and experts within the Hospitality / Tourism sector, please visitBritish Hospitality Association site. The programme includes:
- Tourism Minister Helen Grant announces the formation of the Tourism Council aimed at giving the sector a voice
- BHA Chairman, Alan Parker CBE, explains how government initiatives, recognition and job creation within the sector will take hospitality to the next stage
- Twitter UK Managing Director Bruce Daisley explains the power of social media within hospitality
- Fergus Ewing Scottish Minister for Energy, Enterprise & Tourism, talks about the exciting events happening this year in Scotland as well as some of the challenges being faced
- Kit Malthouse tells us how London will match the Olympic games and keep tourism high
- Helen Grant, Minister of Tourism sets the agenda for the Tourism Council at the BHA summit
- Thomas Dubaere, Managing Director of Accor Hotels UK & Ireland shares the latest 'welcome' initiative being rolled out across all 10 of Accor's brands and his expansion plans
- ACT Clean share how their partnership and professionalism with clients guarantee the best possible results
- Mark Roper, VP & GM of AMEX UK shares the incentive programmes used to build customer loyalty within hospitality and tourism
- Richard Lewis, CEO of Best Western Hotels GB discusses how the personality and uniqueness of each hotel can make a crucial difference to customer reviews
- Martin Passingham, Product Manager at Daikin UK shares how wasteful energy is reused in the system
- Judy Hou, CEO of Glion Institute of Higher Education discusses how they are combining academic learning with practical experience
- HospitalityGem are focusing on helping brands to build relationships with customers that go beyond food
- The UK's largest pub and restaurant company, Mitchells & Butlers talks about how young people can turn their social life into a career for life. The company has thousands of job opportunities to offer and many employees find themselves running a million pound business.
- P&G Professional show how they are providing solutions for the growing needs of the hospitality sector
- Premier Inn share how they're providing the best possible experience and anticipating future needs of customers
- Spirit Pubs discuss how their apprenticeship scheme is training the new leaders in hospitality
- Ian Payne talks about the development schemes happening at Stonegate Pub Company
- Patrick Dempsey share how Whitbread are creating 8000 new jobs for the 16-24 year old bracket
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the BHA: The British Hospitality Association (BHA) is the voice of the UK hospitality industry positively championing the interests of hotels, restaurants, catering establishments & holiday attractions.
To learn more about how to become a member of the BHA please visit: http://www.bha.org.uk/members/
For more information visit http://www.bha.org.uk/ or telephone +44(0)207-404-7744
To learn more about the programme productions and/or enquire about how to embed the full programme onto your site please get in touch:
For media enquiries about the BHA conference please contact:
British Hospitality Association
SOURCE ITN Productions