SINGAPORE, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HIMSS Middle East is a strong advocate of using meaningful technologies to enhance care delivery. At the same time, HIMSS is aware that great healthcare delivery goes beyond IT. At the heart of saving lives are complex functions, methodologies and the right strategies and projects.
In line with this, HIMSS Middle East will bring its first eHealth Innovations Summit to the Four Seasons Hotel, Riyadh, from 2 – 3 May 2016 to examine international best practice from professional associations for niche healthcare segments. The aim of the Summit is to help healthcare professionals reduce errors, increase precision and improve outcomes through novel approaches to treatment and intervention.
This Summit comprises of 4 unique one-day events:
HIT 2.0 Conference: The HIMSS EMR Adoption Model is evolving after 11 years and attendees at HIT 2.0 will be the first to learn about EMRAM 2.0, discuss the rise of the CIO, examine hospitals as regional healthcare delivery organizations, and learn more about patient engagement in and out of the hospital setting. Featured speakers include:
- Eng. Ahmed Barradah, Executive Director, Health Informatics and IT, King Fahad Medical City
- Dr. Donald J. Kosiak, Senior Vice President / Chief Medical Officer, Leidos
- John Daniels, Global Vice President, Healthcare Advisory Services Group, HIMSS Analytics
GenoME Conference: Supported by the Saudi Human Genome Program and created to capture the latest research, GenoME will examine costs, ROI and implications of genome sequencing and assess practical applications of genomics in healthcare. Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Brian Meyer, Chairman, Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre
- Dr. Mohamed Abouelhoda, Head, Bioinformatics Team, Saudi Human Genome Project
- Dr. Mohamed-Ramzi Temanni, Bioinformatics Research Scientist, Sidra Medical and Research Centre
Quality Summit: Attendees will learn about developing talent, improving patient safety through better quality of care and implications of tools such as CPOE – all through best case practice. Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Abdulelah Alhawsawi, Assistant Director General & General Secretary for Patient Safety, Central Board of Accreditation for Healthcare Institutions
- Dr. Noura Abdulrahman Alnowaiser, Director of Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Department, Medical Services General Directorates, Ministry of Defense
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Alamry, Executive Director of Quality and Patient Safety, Consultant of Emergency Medicine, Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs
Enterprise Imaging Summit: Find out about the National PACS strategy and implementation goals from Saudi's thought leaders, learn about the status of information management systems in the marketplace, procure the right PACS and examine successful project management ingredients. Featured speakers include:
- Konstantinos Chantziantoniou, Imaging Services Unit Supervisor, Senior Medical Physicist & PACS Consultant, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
- Mohammad Jameel Brembali, Project Manager – PACS Program, Ministry of Health (KSA)
- Eng. Mohammad Alomair, PACS Manager, Security Forces Hospital Program (KSA)
Registration is now open. Visit www.himssaudisummit.org for more information.
SOURCE HIMSS Middle East