DUABI, UAE, December 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
HIMSS Middle East, in collaboration with Elsevier, is proud to announce the finalists for the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Awards. Winners will be announced on 9 December at Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights during the Inaugural HIMSS Middle East UAE eHealth Week.
For the past three years, HIMSS and Elsevier have collaborated to bring this Awards program to the Asia Pacific region. For the first time, the Awards will be going global to the Middle East and Europe.
"HIMSS and Elsevier are excited to take our collaboration global. At the UAE eHealth Week, we will celebrate the first of many outstanding ICT (Information and Communication Technology) projects. Across the UAE, we are encouraged that many healthcare organizations are leveraging this platform to validate their efforts and successes. We want to keep this momentum high and through this Awards program continue to share model examples for the region to emulate," said Jeremy Bonfini, Executive Vice President, HIMSS International.
Introduced with one category for nominations (Outstanding ICT Achievements), the Awards program has witnessed the strong support of healthcare organizations across the Emirates since it opened its call for nominations in September. The numerous case studies received showcase exemplary commitment and organization-wide diligence to improve care outcomes through technology and best practice.
The 2015 finalists and their projects:
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Use of Automation for the Safe and Effective Management of Controlled Medications in UAE Quaternary Hospital
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Health Maintenance - The Use of Patient and/or Population Health History to Prevent Illnesses and Promote Health
- SAAD Specialist Hospital, Al-Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Implementation of Inpatient Electronic Medication Orders & Electronic Medication Administration Record (EMAR)
- Tawam Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Central Cancer Registry - SEHA
Out of these finalists, two will be announced as winning projects at the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award Reception and Gala Dinner. The gala dinner is part of a line-up of special invitation-only events happening throughout the UAE eHealth Week.
The finalists were selected by the Awards' judging panel:
- Dr. Mohammad Abdulqader Al Redha, Director, Health Data & Information Analysis Department, Non-Resident Fellow, Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government,
- Mubaraka Mubarak Ali Ibrahim, Director of Health Information Systems at the Ministry of Health, United Arab Emirates,
- Dr. Amer Sharif, Managing Director, Education, Dubai Healthcare City,
- John Daniels, Global Vice President, Healthcare Advisory Services Group, HIMSS Analytics,
- Shiraaz Joosub, Chief Executive Officer, Health-e-Solutions, and
- Dr. Jonathan Teich, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions.
"Elsevier is delighted to collaborate with HIMSS as part of our global strategy. We are excited to bring the Awards to the Middle East for the first time," said Gerrit Bos, Executive Vice President & Managing Director for EMEALA and APAC, Elsevier. "The HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Awards will showcase leading ICT achievements and promote technology as an enabler to better healthcare delivery outcomes - both clinical and business. This collaboration will recognize success stories. More importantly, it will give access to shining examples for all healthcare organizations across the Emirates and help them achieve successful HIT implementation and uptake within their facilities. Elsevier is proud to be a part of this Awards program and educational initiative."
The Awards dinner will be joined by prominent healthcare leaders and all nominees. Find out more at http://elsevierme.com.
Registration for the UAE eHealth Week is open. Visit http://www.uaeehealthweek.org for more information.
The winners two will be announced as winning projects at the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award Reception and Gala Dinner.
HIMSS is a global voice, advisor and thought leader of health transformation through health IT with a unique breadth and depth of expertise and capabilities to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of health, healthcare and care outcomes. HIMSS designs and leverages key data assets, predictive models and tools to advise global leaders, stakeholders and influencers of best practices in health IT, so they have the right information at the point of decision. Through its health IT network of over 1 million experts, over 200 knowledge exchanges and collaborations, including 60,000-plus members, HIMSS drives innovative, forward thinking around best uses of technology in support of better connected care, improved population health and low cost of care. HIMSS is a not-for-profit, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with additional offices in North America, Europe, United Kingdom and Asia. Find out more at http://www.himssme.org.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes more than 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Director, Corporate Relations
Head of Marketing & Communications, Emerging Markets, Elsevier
Marketing and Strategic Relations Manager, Asia Pacific, HIMSS