- Hertz study finds the average Brit will travel 887 miles to be with their loved one on February 14th
LONDON, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ), the world's largest general car use brand, has revealed that the average Briton is prepared to travel 887 miles to be with their loved one this Valentine's Day – far enough to cover a trip from London to Rome.
Although a quarter of those polled by Hertz in Britain claimed they wouldn't be willing to travel more than 30 miles to be with the object of their affection on Valentine's Day, the good news is that eight out of nine would at least be happy to make a trek to be with their loved one on February 14th. Furthermore, 10% of Brits stated that they'd even be prepared to clock up more than 6,000 miles for a Valentine's get-together.
Despite Brits showing their affectionate side, it would appear we still have some work to do when it comes to outdoing our neighbours across the Channel, with the average French resident claiming that they would be willing to travel 1,198 miles to be with their sweetheart, with 12% ready to venture more than 6,000 miles.
Respondents from Essex were found to be the most romantic with residents from Chelmsford willing to travel furthest for love. Long distance love doesn't seem to be on the cards for those living in Gloucester though, with locals being the least likely to take to the road in the name of romance.
The Hertz poll also revealed the dating habits of loved up British drivers, with almost half (46%) saying they would most like to be driven to a romantic restaurant to celebrate St. Valentine's Day. A trip to the seaside came in second at 39%, whereas a quarter said they would most like to drive somewhere nice to admire the view. Whitney Houston and Bryan Adams tunes topped the charts when it came to the nation's favourite songs to enjoy on a romantic Valentine's drive.
Just like romantic couples up and down the country, Hertz and Air France are also celebrating their very special relationship this February. Just like romantic couples up and down the country, Hertz and Air France are also celebrating their very special relationship this February. Toasting 24 years as longstanding partners, Hertz will be offering all Air France-KLM customers 24 per cent off basic car rentals made during the week of Valentine's Day for any of the 1,000 Air France-KLM destinations around the world. Just in time for planning a getaway as a perfect Valentine's Day gift, the special promotion will run from 11th to 18th February, and is valid on all qualifying rentals for travel commencing by 30th September 2013, so there is no excuse for not going the distance for one's true love.
In addition to the discount, all Air France 'Flying Blue' members will also receive up to 800 Flying Blue Miles. Customers are advised to use discount code (CDP): 736632 to qualify for the special offer when booking. The offer applies to all standard car groups, with a minimum of a three day rental. Further terms and conditions apply and can be found on www.hertz.co.uk/airfrance24.
UK towns / cities most willing to travel for love
UK towns / cities least willing to travel for love
Top destinations where Brits would most like to be driven to on Valentine's Day
1) A romantic restaurant
2) The beach / seafront
3) Somewhere to admire a nice view
4) A local park for a picnic
5) Movies / drive in cinema
Favourite songs of the Brits for a romantic Valentine's Day drive
1) Whitney Houston – 'I Will Always Love You' / Bryan Adams – 'Everything I Do'
2) Aerosmith – 'Don't Want To Miss A Thing'
3) Adele – 'Someone Like You'
4) Snow Patrol – 'Chasing Cars'
5) Berlin – 'Take My Breath Away'
2,000 respondents from the UK and France were polled by OnePoll.com on behalf of Hertz, January 2013.
Terms and conditions of the Hertz and Air France 24% discount promotion
- The 24% discount available at participating Hertz locations worldwide, and applies to time and mileage (base rental charges) and all mandatory insurance and waivers that may be included in the base rental charge.
- Discount applies only to reservations made between 11- 18th February 2013 for pick-ups before 30th September 2013
- The offer applies to all standard car groups (excludes Hertz Collections).
- To qualify for discount customers must supply CDP 736632 at time of reservation
- Flying Blue members must quote their card number at time of reservation and present their card at the Hertz counter to earn miles
- Minimum of three day rentals apply
- Hertz standard terms and conditions apply, including minimum age restrictions.
- Blackout periods apply
- Offer can be withdrawn at any time
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with another promotion
The Hertz Corporation (www.hertz.com) operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in 80 countries.
Hertz is in its 94th year of delivering quality car rental solutions to leisure and corporate customers. Product and service innovations such as Hertz #1 Club Gold, Worldwide Online Check-in, specially designed NeverLost® satellite navigation systems, and unique cars offered through the company's Prestige, Family, Fun/Adrenaline and Green Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition.
Hertz Press Contacts
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation