SINGAPORE, March 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Company Offers Seamless Connectivity With the Largest Network and Fleet of Rental Cars
The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental company, has expanded in Malaysia with the opening of four new branches; the airports of Johor, Kelantan, and Sabah and the downtown location of Perak. Hertz Malaysia, managed by Hertz franchise partner, Sime Darby Rent A Car, now has the largest network in the country - with 17 locations based at major airports and cities across the nation - and the biggest fleet of rental cars.
Both corporate and leisure travellers are now able to easily rent a car from any of the conveniently located offices at competitive rates. Leasing, self-drive, chauffeur-drive and airport transfers from economy to full-size cars, including sports utility and multi-purpose vehicles are also available to cater to individual traveller's needs.
Michel Taride, President Hertz International and Executive Vice President at Hertz Corporation, said: "Hertz Malaysia has been with us for 30 years, and continues to uphold our promise to deliver best in class products and service to our customers. As a growing destination with vast natural beauty, Malaysia offers travellers tremendous driving pleasure. Our extended network of car rental locations is part of the growth strategy to provide corporate and leisure customers easy access throughout the country."
Mohd Izazi Bin Haji Hashim, General Manager at Hertz Malaysia, added: "Malaysia is famous for its tropical forests, beaches, mountains, rich cultural heritage, and most recently, as an ideal location for driving. Continued geographical expansion is critical to our growth strategy as we see an increase in the number of inbound travellers to Malaysia who wish to take advantage of the nation's comprehensive network of highways."
The four new locations are at:
- Senai International Airport (Johor): Considered to be the primary utility airport for business travellers to Johor, Senai is also the southern gateway to Malaysia;
- Lumut Downtown (Perak): Located at the coastal town in the state of Perak, and situated approximately 84km from Ipoh, Lumut is the gateway to popular tourist destination Pangkor Island;
- Sandakan Airport (Sabah): Perfect for animal enthusiasts who visit the famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre and Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary;
- Sultan Ismail Petra Airport (Kelantan): The capital city of north western state of Kelantan, Kota Bahru, is widely accepted as the cradle of Malay culture and a popular destination for in-country tourism.
Hertz offers a wide suite of products and services, from the range of vehicles to the breadth of services that support customer needs, such as the global navigation system and 24-hour roadside assistance service.
Between now to 30 June 2011, travellers are entitled to a 20 percent discount if they rent a car for three days or more. To take advantage of this deal, visit http://www.hertz.com/specialoffers/malaysia. Terms and conditions apply. For a complete list of Hertz's locations in Malaysia, visit http://www.hertz.com/locations/malaysia.