This Father's Day, Dove Men+Care celebrates how dads' caring sides elevate him to hero status in the eyes of his children
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, New Jersey, June 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Superhero movies, featuring only one 'macho' representation of strength, are in abundance this year, but real men today believe true strength is defined by showing they care. In fact, 88% of men believe that taking care of the needs of his family makes him stronger1. This Father's Day, the global men's grooming brand is highlighting how dads' care elevates him to hero status in the eyes of his children. Featuring user generated content, including examples of dads shedding their self-consciousness in honor of their children to dads sharing their passions with their children, Dove Men+Care will project a genuine representation of what a father's care looks like today.
Inspired by dad's caring sides, "My Dad, My Hero" offers an evolved perspective on what a real hero looks like today. Dove Men+Care has curated footage from all over the world to promote an authentic representation of a father's care, and show what that care means to his children. The "My Dad, My Hero" film is a compilation of home footage, from over 20 real families, that showcases a variety of ways modern dads show care for their kids.
"The definition of masculine strength, and what makes a hero today, has expanded and evolved to include care," said Marcela Melero, Global Brand Vice President for Dove Men+Care. "Dove Men+Care, inspired by a father's care and the impact it has on his children, gathered real footage from men's lives to project a genuine representation of what dads' care looks like today."
9 out of 10 men globally believe masculinity has evolved since their father's generation. The "My Dad, My Hero" film is a thoughtful compilation of personal footage from fathers whose real strength comes from their ability to care. Dove Men+Care understands the importance of authentically representing modern masculinity and celebrating real men for who they really are, in the environment they are most comfortable:
- Craig Guillot – Craig started running with his daughter in a stroller to get in shape, but the runs quickly turned into a bonding experience between them as they logged over 3,000 miles, shared stories and even learnt the alphabet.
- Jared Edmunds – After gaining inspiration from fellow skateboarding dads, Jared overcame all obstacles to help his son Atticus experience high speeds at the skate park. What started as an afternoon of fun has turned into a weekly occurrence and opportunity for Jared and Atticus to communicate on a new level while sharing a new passion.
- Rocco Forgione and Corey Martin – Rocco and Corey always wanted to be dads, but never thought they could overcome the obstacles of entering gay parenthood. Their path to fatherhood was long, but also filled with happiness. When Forge was born, Rocco and Corey moved close to family so their son could be surrounded by love and support.
Visit www.dove.com/uk/men-care.html to watch the film, which aims to offer a different perspective on what a real hero looks like this Father's Day and celebrate dads caring side as a sign of strength. Join the conversation by using #FathersCare, and share with the hero in your life by tagging @DoveMen on Twitter or Facebook.
Grooming products specifically designed for real, caring heroes
Dove Men+Care knows that male strength today is about embracing care for oneself and others. 91% of men believe they need to take care of themselves in order to be able to take care of others and Dove Men+Care has a full line of grooming products specifically designed to care for men's skin, face, hair, and underarms. For more information, go to DoveMenCare.com.
About Dove Men+Care UK
Dove Men+Care is the first range of products from Dove developed specially for men. Manufactured by Unilever, the line includes the #1 dermatologist recommended body wash. Launched in 2010, the Dove Men+Care portfolio includes body washes, face care, anti-perspirant/deodorants, and hair care. Dove Men+Care is available nationwide in food, drug, and mass outlet stores.
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day.
Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
- Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020. The entire Unilever global factory network, as well as its U.S. non-manufacturing facilities, have achieved zero non-hazardous waste to landfill status.
For more information on Unilever U.K. and its brands visit: www.unilever.co.uk
To connect with Unilever U.K. via Facebook visit: https://www.facebook.com/UnileverUK/
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @Unilever
SOURCE Dove Men+Care