SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global healthcare staffing market size is likely to reach USD 44.65 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period. Rising geriatric population is stirring up the demand for healthcare services around the globe. However, there is a shortage of efficient nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The allied healthcare segment accounted for the largest revenue share in the market in 2018. It includes physical therapists, medical technologists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and phlebotomists
- The locum tenens segment is projected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to cost-effectiveness for employers and increase in the number of physicians choosing to work as locum tenens
- North America will lead the market through 2025 due to increasing geriatric population, lack of skilled professionals as compared to demand, and local presence of several market players
- Asia Pacific is likely to experience the fastest growth during the next decade due to increasing investments by several market players, positive economic outlook, and rising awareness about contract staffing
- Some of the key players are Envision Healthcare Corporation; AMN Healthcare; CHG Management, Inc.; Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc.; Cross Country Healthcare, Inc.; inVentiv Health; Almost Family; TeamHealth; and Adecco Group.
Read 85 page research report with TOC on "Healthcare Staffing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service (Per Diem Nurse, Travel Nurse, Locum Tenens, Allied Healthcare), By Region, Vendor Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/healthcare-staffing-market
Shortage of physicians in developed regions is expected to bolster the growth of the healthcare staffing market. For instance, the Association of American Medical Colleges had predicted in 2010 that the U.S. is estimated to face a shortage of 150,000 doctors over the next 10 to 15 years. Furthermore, availability of skilled professionals at lower costs as and when required is anticipated to propel the market in the coming years.
Also, in response to pressure of costs, hospitals are forced to reduce their staff and have implemented policies to ensure that nurses would be available for work when workload increases. The healthcare staffing market has significant penetration and can easily provide staff during emergencies.
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare staffing market by service and region:
- Healthcare Staffing Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Travel Nurse
- Per Diem Nurse
- Locum Tenens
- Allied Healthcare
- Healthcare Staffing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- High Potency Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) Market - The global high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) market was valued at USD 14.4 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% over the forecast period.
- Smart Medical Devices Market - The global smart medical devices market was valued USD 3.58 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 24.46 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 24.0% over the forecast period.
- Biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO Market - The global biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO (contract manufacturing & research) market size was estimated at 18,088.9 million in 2016. With significant growth in biologics pipeline
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc