-- The Middle East Marketplace, Medical R&D, Investments, and Consumer Technology
LONDON, Oct. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kemal Malik, Head of Innovation at Bayer, and Tim Kelsey, National Director for Patient and Information for NHS England are slated to keynote the upcoming 5th Annual Health 2.0 Europe conference on November 10-12 in London, UK. The international digital health conference will feature a wide variety of sessions on some of the most important topics in digital health including:
- Medical R&D: How medicine continues to grow with Health 2.0 tools which supports medical research and collaboration via open data reporting and collection through clinical trials. Featured demos include F1000, Lumos!, PxHealthCare, and TrialReach.
- Big Data: A session that frames national, entrepreneurial, and patient-based efforts to create Open Data portals and access across the spectrum. See how HealthUnlocked, Healthbank, and Marand are turning big data into actionable change.
- Wearable Technology: As the marketplace for consumer tech and wearables become more prevalent within digital health, Health 2.0 Europe features devices from Biovotion, Qardio, Empatica, and Sensoria which are taking new approaches to tracking, capturing, and analyzing personal health data.
- Digital Health for the Elderly & Children: New sessions during the 5th Annual Europe Conference shed light on the increasing elderly population and technologies that are closing gaps in care. Demos from both patient and provider facing tools, NurseBuddy, SpeakSet, VirtualRehab, and NeuroNation are featured in this session; additional demos can be found on the online agenda. Additionally, Health 2.0 Europe will debut a newly curated session on technologies for - and made by - kids. Platforms like Cognoa, DrOmnibus, Harimata, and 2ndAid help track behavioral disorders, support families to monitor care plan progress, and encourage fun and active learning in young minds.
- "SHHH...Topics: Addictions & Mental Health": This session directs the spotlight on underrepresented topics in health care such as the burden of caregiving, death, and mental health issues. Demos feature CareZapp, MyDirectives, DeadSocial and more found on the full agenda online.
- Middle East Digital Health Market: As Health 2.0 Europe continues to lead international markets for health care technology, this newly curated panel discussion focuses on the business opportunities and associated challenges for digital health companies in the Middle East. Featured organizations include Kleos Health, Waseel, Healthcare Paradigm, and Umm Al-Qura University.
- Design Strategies For Engagement and Behaviour Change: This new session approaches patient engagement and behavior change through a series of discussions and demos from MediSafe, Ignilife, TinniTracks with more speakers found on the agenda.
- Deep Dives: Hear industry leaders from Innovation Capital, iHealth Labs, Kaiser Permanente and more during dedicated Deep Dive sessions on the digital health market, investments, and innovation.
- EC to VC - An Investors' Forum: This session is part of the GET Funded service of the EU-supported GET Project, designed to provide digital health SMEs looking for Series B funding with training, resources, and networking opportunities with investors at the European level.
Join over 500 attendees in London, U.K. for 3 days of innovation, thought leadership, and networking in health care technology. This year, Health 2.0 Europe will be including patient voices as much as possible to help shape the debate and integrate into the health tech landscape. Registration is still open and the full agenda complete with speakers, sessions, and panels can be found online.
About Health 2.0:
Health 2.0 promotes, showcases, and catalyzes new technologies in health care through a worldwide series of conferences, code-a-thons, prize challenges, and leading market intelligence. Visit www.health2con.com for more info. Health 2.0 Europe 2014 conference is being held on November 10-12 2014, at the Mermaid Conference Centre in London, U.K.
SOURCE Health 2.0