- Adds approximately $3.7 billion to loan servicing book -
- Advises on 28 NPL deals totaling more than $51 billion -
- Helps structure approximately $300 million in lending opportunities -
- Strengthens Debt Advisory, Transaction Management, NPL and Real Estate Advisory teams with strategic hires -
LONDON, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Hatfield Philips International and LNR Europe (collectively, the "Company"), which serve as a leading NPL and debt advisory firm with best-in-class loan servicing capabilities, today provided an overview of its business activity in 2014 and announced several strategic hires that strengthen its Debt Advisory and Transaction Management, NPL and Real Estate Advisory businesses.
In 2014, the Company added approximately $3.7 billion of assets under management to its loan servicing book. In addition, the Company procured a mandate with BAWAG to provide primary loan servicing functions on their large loan book which has a face value of more than $2 billion, provided due diligence and advisory services on 28 NPL deals totaling more than $51 billion and co-invested in an NPL transaction. The Company also helped structure approximately $300 million in lending opportunities, highlighting the progress of its Debt Advisory and Transaction Management business.
As it relates to special servicing, the Company successfully facilitated property sales and/or loan resolutions on 47 loans totaling more than $2.5 billion in transactions across Europe. Some of 2014's most notable transactions include:
- The sale of 127 city centre retail assets in A and B locations throughout Germany that comprise the Treveria Silo E Portfolio, whose assets secure the €373 million Orange Loan in the Talisman-6 Finance securitization;
- The sale of an office asset in Munich, Germany which paid off the largest loan in Portfolio Green German CMBS GmbH and achieved full recovery in the amount of €92 million for noteholders in this prominent securitization;
- Securing a landmark ruling from the Paris Commercial Court allowing for the restructuring of the €242 million Target Loan in the Titan Europe 2006-3 securitisation, which terminates the safeguard process and gives the Company control of the underlying assets;
- Securing a €32 million judgment for Titan Europe 2006-3 plc noteholders in a valuer negligence claim against Colliers International.
"2014 was a remarkable year for us in many respects," said Blair Lewis, Chief Executive Officer of HPI/LNR Europe. "We significantly enhanced our NPL capabilities, launched a complementary Debt Advisory business and added to our loan servicing book. As a whole, the enterprise is performing extremely well and we expect this momentum to continue in 2015, positioning us well to gain market share."
The Company's strategic hires include adding Gareth Williams and Domhnall Gaffney to its Debt Advisory and Transaction Management team, Carlos Quiroga to its NPL team and James Scoular to its Real Estate Advisory team. Collectively, all four have more than 50 years of real estate and finance industry experience and bring a wealth of longstanding relationships to the Company. Messrs. Williams and Gaffney will report to Rupert Gill, Managing Director and Head of Debt Advisory and Transaction Management; Mr. Quiroga will report to Wilhelm Hammel, Head of NPL Advisory; and Mr. Scoular will report to John Muldoon, Head of Real Estate Asset Management. An overview of their resumes is below:
- Gareth Williams – Mr. Williams joins the Company from Singer & Friedlander LLP where he was a Partner responsible for the recovery of a $1.52 billion distressed real estate loan book. Prior to this, he served as Director at Barclays Capital where he provided large scale real estate acquisition financing to financial sponsors and sovereign wealth funds.
- Domhnall Gaffney – Mr. Gaffney joins the Company from Mercury Capital where he served as a Principal. In this role, he was responsible for arranging and structuring capital for property investment, development and planning projects in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Prior to this, he worked as an Associate Director at HBoS / Lloyds Banking Group on the Loan Distribution and Capital Markets teams.
- Carlos Quiroga – Mr. Quiroga, who will be based in Madrid, Spain where he has spent the majority of his career, joins the Company from Alvarez and Marsal where he served as a Director. Prior to this, he spent 12 years working at Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in London and Madrid, ultimately leading to his post as Head of Spanish Real Estate Finance, where he focused on loan and asset management, debt restructuring and loan/equity disposals across the full spectrum of commercial real estate. Prior to RBS, he worked for eight years at KPMG as an auditor of financial institutions in both Spain and London.
- James Scoular – Mr. Scoular joins the Company from CBRE where he served as an Associate Director in the firm's International Valuation Department based in London. In this role, he was responsible for providing valuation and strategic advice to a wide range of clients across all property types and European markets. Prior to CBRE, Mr. Scoular worked at Cushman and Wakefield in Milan in the firm's Valuation Department, where he became fluent in Italian and gained extensive knowledge of Italian commercial real estate.
Mr. Lewis continued, "Gareth, Domhnall, Carlos and James are seasoned industry professionals with impressive track records and we look forward to leveraging their skills and relationships to grow our different, yet highly complementary business lines. Each hire reflects our continuous efforts to attract the best talent to further establish the Company as the industry's premier NPL, real estate and debt advisory firm."
About Hatfield Philips International Ltd.
Hatfield Philips International ("HPI"), together with LNR Europe, is a leading NPL and debt advisory firm with best-in-class loan servicing capabilities. From NPL underwriting to co-investing to helping lenders execute on debt strategies, HPI is uniquely positioned to deliver multiple layers of value to a wide range of debt market participants. HPI accomplishes this by leveraging a highly seasoned team of real estate finance, workout, debt servicing, and client service specialists. Founded in 1997 on the principles of trust, integrity and providing the highest levels of customer service, HPI has the experience and capabilities to partner with clients to achieve their business and investment objectives. HPI is a subsidiary of LNR Property, a United States-based real estate investment, finance, management and development firm, which was acquired by Starwood Property Trust in April 2013. For more information please visit us at http://www.hatfieldphilips.com/.
Starwood Property Trust
SOURCE Hatfield Philips International