PETERBOROUGH, England, October 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Halcyon Software, a global leader in multi-platform systems management software, today announced the immediate availability of Password Reset Manager, a new security solution for users of IBM i running on IBM Power Systems servers. This self-service tool provides users with a quick and easy way to reset their passwords, which will reduce call volumes into service desks and deliver significant cost savings.
Password Reset Manager allows 'trusted users' to reset passwords without having to place time consuming requests on service desks. After enrolment, this flexible tool allows users to provide personalised answers to pre-set or customised questions. To perform resets, users answer these questions to confirm their identities before new passwords are assigned and activated.
According to Carole Chandler, Sales and Marketing Director of Halcyon Software, "Everyone that uses the internet is already familiar with this intuitive process and now we are bringing the same level of functionality to users of IBM i on IBM Power Systems servers. Password Reset Manager expands our portfolio of security solutions and is very competitively priced within the marketplace as it allows for unlimited usage and delivers significant savings by eliminating the restrictions placed by other vendors that use licensing models based on the number of seats or users."
Halcyon Software's new security tool automates the password reset process to minimise the amount of time that enrolled users are unable to access applications whilst reducing call volumes to service desks by up to 30 percent. This will free up support staff to focus their time on more important issues that require their specialist attention and enable service desks to increase productivity.
Password Reset Manager provides a flexible activity reporting functionality, enabling users of IBM i on IBM Power Systems servers to comply with auditing requirements. It is available as a standalone solution or can be integrated with any of Halcyon Software's monitoring suites to automate the report distribution process. The price is £500 per LPAR/logical partition for an unlimited number of users. Halcyon Software is also offering a free 30-day evaluation of this new software tool, which can be downloaded from http://www.halcyonsoftware.com/prm.
About Halcyon Software
- Halcyon Software is a global leader in multi-platform systems management solutions that reduce the complexity and cost of monitoring critical business systems, core applications and processes. They help companies prevent business disruption, increase the efficiency of their IT services and save costs. In most cases, Halcyon's solutions increase IT efficiency by 30 - 40 percent, delivering significant savings and a rapid return on investment - often in less than six months.
- Halcyon achieves this in three ways:
- Monitoring: Halcyon's monitoring software keeps a vigilant watch on the most critical IT systems and core applications on which business depends. IT administrators receive early warnings of any potential problems or 'bottlenecks' before they affect the organisation.
- Automating: Halcyon enables IT teams to set up 'self-corrective actions' to issues or problems to ensure that they never impact the business again. IT teams can also automate regular tasks, checks or jobs which would normally be undertaken manually. This frees up valuable resources, saves costs and helps to eliminate human error.
- Reporting: Halcyon's cloud-based reporting solution proves to management that the IT team is achieving the service levels demanded by the business or flags any issues so they can be quickly resolved.
- Halcyon's products support IBM Power Systems servers running IBM i, AIX, Linux and Windows. With regional offices in the UK, United States and Australia, Halcyon also has a network of partners and distributors supporting territories world-wide. For further information, please visit http://www.halcyonsoftware.com
IBM, Power Systems, and IBM i are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. For a current list of IBM trademarks, please see http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml
Carole Chandler, Halcyon Software, Tel: +44(0)1733-234995, Email: email@example.com
Paul Jennings, PJMC Limited, Tel: +44(0)1926-312886, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Halcyon Software