PETERBOROUGH, England, December 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Major expansion plans announced to build Halcyon's market share in German markets
Halcyon Software, a global leader in multi-platform systems management software, has unveiled plans to expand its operations in German speaking markets across the EMEA region. This will include the recruitment of additional reseller partners, particularly those specialising in cloud-based systems, who will be responsible for supplying Halcyon's range of monitoring, automation, reporting and security solutions to managed service providers, corporate data centres and users of IBM Power Systems. This initiative will enable IBM customers and partners to have better access to Halcyon's world-class solutions, helping them to achieve higher levels of system availability, compliance with global regulatory requirements and greater IT efficiencies in data centres.
According to Sean Gallagher, International Sales Director for Halcyon Software: "The German speaking marketplace is one of the most important in EMEA for Halcyon and presents significant opportunities for growth as it has the largest installed base of IBM i systems in Europe. We will be working closely with partners and managed services providers to show how our solutions support the proactive management of critical business processes across multiple platforms including IBM i, AIX, Linux and Windows."
Halcyon has recently launched a new German language website with a range of three minute videos that help users to understand how its range of system and application management solutions reduce the complexity and cost of monitoring critical business systems, applications and processes. The German website provides downloadable information about Halcyon's monitoring automation and reporting solutions, all of which can be quickly deployed to prevent business disruption, increase IT efficiency and save costs.
Halcyon's solutions also provide full support for a wide range of ERP and business applications including, SAP, Infor (e.g. M3, XA, System 21 Aurora), JD Edwards, Misys Equation, Midas Plus and well-known High Availability solutions such as MIMIX. Organisations can take advantage of the pre-loaded rule-based templates, which can be fully customised by users to suit their particular application environment, making the software quick to deploy.
Halcyon is also extending its partner marketing program to build on the presence that has already been achieved across Germany by supporting resellers at exhibitions and events such as the recent Pow3R conference held in Stuttgart in early November 2014.
"The new website resources demonstrate Halcyon's continuing commitment to our partners in German speaking territories and will play an important role in helping us meet our objective of becoming a leading player in this important marketplace," continued Sean Gallagher.
For more information visit http://www.halcyonsoftware.de
About Halcyon Software
- Halcyon Software is a global leader in multi-platform systems management solutions that reduce the complexity and cost of monitoring critical business systems, core applications and processes. They help companies prevent business disruption, increase the efficiency of their IT services and save costs. In most cases, Halcyon's solutions increase IT efficiency by 30 - 40 percent, delivering significant savings and a rapid return on investment - often in less than six months.
- Halcyon achieves this in three ways:
Monitoring: The software monitors IBM i servers to continuously check that essential business processes, critical applications and jobs are running as expected enabling any problems to be captured and automatically dealt with before they impact the business. Early warnings are provided through alerts to a central dashboard as well as remotely on Apple® or Android® smartphone or tablet devices.
- Automating: Halcyon enables IT teams to set up 'self-corrective actions' to issues or problems to ensure that they never impact the business again. IT teams can also automate regular tasks, checks or jobs which would normally be undertaken manually. This frees up valuable resources, saves costs and helps to eliminate human error.
- Reporting: Halcyon's cloud-based reporting solution proves to management that the IT team is achieving the service levels demanded by the business or flags any issues so they can be quickly resolved.
- Halcyon's products support IBM Power Systems servers running IBM i, AIX, Linux and Windows. With regional offices in the UK, United States and Australia, Halcyon also has a network of partners and distributors supporting territories world-wide. For further information, please visit http://www.halcyonsoftware.com
- IBM, Power Systems, and IBM i are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. For a current list of IBM trademarks, please see http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml
Carole Chandler, Halcyon Software, Tel: +44(0)1733-234995, Email: email@example.com
Paul Jennings, PJMC Limited, Tel: +44(0)1926-312886, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Halcyon Software