LONDON, July 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
The GSMA today announced that CEOs and other senior executives from companies including Axiata, Bharti Airtel, KDDI, NTT DOCOMO, Telstra and ZTE will deliver keynote presentations at the 2011 GSMA Mobile Asia Congress, which will be held 16-17 November at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The company also provided details on the Mobile Asia Congress edition of App Planet, its award-winning developer-focused "event within an event".
"The 2011 edition of the Mobile Asia Congress will showcase the innovation, ingenuity and intelligence that are the hallmarks of the Asian mobile industry," said Michael O'Hara, chief marketing officer, GSMA. "The stellar line up of keynote speakers featuring CEOs from throughout the region, around the world and across the ecosystem will offer Mobile Asia Congress attendees important insights into the vision and strategies that are shaping the mobile industry today."
Executives who are confirmed to speak at Mobile Asia Congress include:
- Jamal Ibrahim, Managing Director, President and Group CEO, Axiata
- Sanjay Kapoor, CEO, Bharti Airtel
- Takashi Tanaka, President, KDDI
- Ryuji Yamada, President and CEO, NTT DOCOMO
- David Thodey, CEO, Telstra
- Shi Lirong, President, ZTE
In addition to the Mobile Asia Congress keynote programme, the conference will feature track sessions exploring a range of topics such as applications, mobile advertising, mobile broadband, mobile health, mobile Internet, mobile money and network capacity, among others. Alongside the thought leadership conference, Mobile Asia Congress will also include an exhibition showcasing mobile technologies and solutions from leading players across the mobile ecosystem.
Focus on Developers: App Planet at MAC
The GSMA will again host App Planet, a developer-focused "event within an event" at Mobile Asia Congress. Designed to bring together the many critical elements of the broad mobile application ecosystem together in one location, App Planet will feature:
- App Zone -An app-focused exhibition area dedicated to the world of apps designed to showcase the latest technology from the fast-moving apps industry.
- App Bytes - A diverse, two-day sponsored programme featuring a number of "byte-sized" app-focused sessions aimed at the mobile application developer audience. App Bytes sessions will facilitate close engagement between the attending developers and the key players and platforms in the applications market.
- App Cafe - An area within the App Zone that provides a retreat for attendees and developers to relax, meet with fellow attendees and make new connections.
For more information on App Planet, please visit http://www.mobileasiacongress.com/appplanet.
For more information on Mobile Asia Congress 2011, including details on how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, please visit http://www.mobileasiacongress.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Congress.
For more information, please visit Mobile World Live, the online portal for the mobile communications industry, at http://www.mobileworldlive.com or the GSMA corporate website at http://www.gsmworld.com.