LONDON, April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Thursday 21st April 2011 - Groupon (http://www.groupon.co.uk), the world's leading daily deal website, has announced a number of key milestones in the UK. Groupon provides offers on local restaurants, spas, beauty salons, holidays, online shopping, tickets for gigs and performances, and much more, at discounts which are typically 70% off the normal prices, in 27 cities in the UK.
- Groupon now has over eight million UK subscribers - that's over 10% of the population
- Groupon has sold approaching 3.7 million vouchers in the country
- Our deals have saved the people of the UK over GBP235 million
- More than 95% of Groupon customers have used us more than once, with over half purchasing five or more different Groupons
- The company now employs over 500 people all over the country
- Groupon has worked with almost 6,900 British businesses, helping them generate millions in direct revenue and introducing them to thousands of new customers
As well as a huge variety of local business all over the country, Groupon has also worked with leading brands including Body Shop, T-Mobile, Orange, American Apparel, Itsu, ASOS, Virgin Wines and Virgin Balloons, Photobox, Streetcar, Avis and Expedia.
This week Groupon also announced the launch of its official Groupon application for the iPhone(R) and iPod touch(R) in the international App Store(SM) , now making daily deals available through Apple's popular mobile devices across the globe and in the UK. The application is available for download at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/groupon/id352683833?mt=8.
"Groupon is a company that prides itself on giving customers exceptional value for money," said Chris Muhr, Managing Director, Groupon UK and Ireland, "we're empowering consumers with our great deals, while helping local businesses harness the power of the web to generate new business."
Groupon, launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in more than 500 markets around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer unbeatable prices and provide a win-win for businesses and consumers, delivering more than 900 daily deals globally. For more information, visit http://www.groupon.co.uk. Subscribe to get Groupon's daily free email for the best in your city at http://www.groupon.co.uk
SOURCE Groupon UK