SUVA, Fiji, Jan. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fiji is charting a new course in the world with an ambitious program to become a modern nation State and cement its position as the pre-eminent Pacific Island nation and regional hub.
To enhance Fiji's stature and capitalise on the many opportunities that have arisen from the introduction of our first genuine democracy, the Fijian Government ('Government') seeks to engage an innovative communications/public relations consultant/company that shares our vision and has a demonstrated record of achievement.
The overall task of the Consultant/Company is to inter alia:
- assist the Government with its mission to continue expanding the Fijian economy and the opportunities for Fijians of all ages across a broad front,
- enhance Fiji's role in regional and global affairs and carve out a bigger export share for the Fijian-Made brand of quality goods and services;
- work closely with the country's leadership and the Government's own Department of Information, ranging across the various ministries to enhance their own communication capabilities; and
- train personnel.
All Expressions of Interest must include but not limited to the following particulars:
- Complete resume containing full details, including certifications of personnel and cite relevant prior communications and public relations experience for other Governments;
- Any potential conflict of interest;
- Estimate cost or fees charged; and
- Any other relevant or supporting documentation.
The successful Consultant/Company will need to inter alia demonstrate superior skills in all facets of the communication requirements of a sovereign client. This includes message development and implementation through speeches, media releases and the use of social media, as well as the broad spectrum of issue and reputation management that is the staple of any modern government.
This is a unique opportunity to enhance the already impressive narrative of a Pacific Small Island Developing State with a disproportionately large impact on regional and global affairs through its contribution to UN peacekeeping and other activities. It calls for the deployment of a close-knit team of experienced professionals dedicated to excellence and possessing judgment, cultural sensitivity and the ability to deliver high quality advice and written material to tight deadlines.
Preference will naturally be given to consultants/companies with a comprehensive knowledge of Fiji and the Pacific region. But the overriding selection criteria will be the ability to demonstrate high-level, innovative communication skills and the enthusiasm and commitment to assist the Government take Fiji to the next level.
All written Expressions of Interest are required to be clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL – Communications and Public Relations Consultant/Company" and sent in one of the following ways:
- Posted to the Ministry of Communications, P.O Box 2225, Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji
- Hand Delivered to the Ministry of Communications, 7th Floor, Suvavou House, Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji; or
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . All electronic applications must be followed by hard copies.
All Expressions of Interest will be treated with strict confidence and must be received no later than 4.00pm (Fijian time) on Monday, 29 February 2016.
For further clarification, please contact Timaima Vakadewabuka on telephone: +679 3309866 or on email: email@example.com
AUTHORIZED BY AIYAZ SAYED-KHAIYUM
ATTORNEY-GENERAL AND MINISTER FOR COMMUNICATIONS
SOURCE Government of the Republic of Fiji