LONDON, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
goop, a digital media and e-commerce company founded by Gwyneth Paltrow, announced today the release of its new London City Guide as part of its goop City Guides App. The London guide is the second city in a series that will feature within the goop City Guides app and is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch in the App Store.
Taking goop's popular journal category "GO" to the next level, this London City Guide sends you to many of goop's much-loved and often undiscovered spots. Featuring an exclusive video tour with Gwyneth around some of her favorite places in her neighborhood, this is goop's selection of the city's best. From the most entertaining kids spots, to the city's top restaurants and favorite neighborhood gastropubs, under-the-radar boutiques and outdoor markets, it's all the information you'll need to get around London and much more.
A resource for first-time visitors to London and city dwellers alike, the guide is filled with many under-the-radar places and classic favorites goop has discovered over the years.
"We at goop proudly bring you our London City Guide. London is a place I call home for at least half of the year and am so excited to be sharing everything goop loves to see and do in the city - from old-school classics to the best of what's new in food, shopping, decorating and more," said Paltrow.
Key Features Include:
- Bookshelf format for you to build and store your collection of guides within one App
- Exclusive video content sharing Gwyneth's favorite places and things to do
- Comprehensive listings across 18 categories, including where to eat, stay, visit, shop and more
- Essential information for the first-time visitor or long-term resident
- Easy-to-use web, telephone and address details for all listings
- Add useful contacts straight to your address book
- Interactive step-by-step walks, handpicked through the most exciting neighborhoods
- Search Listings by category or by neighborhood
- Maps with plotted listings for easy planning and reference
- Bookmark your favorite listings for easy reference and personalized content
- Share your travel discoveries and experiences with friends by email, Facebook and Twitter
- 5-day city weather forecast
- Fully searchable listings
- RSS feed bringing the goop weekly publication directly to your App, plus access archived issues
goop is a digital media and e-commerce company founded by Gwyneth Paltrow in the fall of 2008. Over the past four years, goop has grown into an eminent lifestyle publication, dedicated to informing and positively inspiring its audience. goop gives readers access to exclusive collaborations, recipes, travel guides, fashion, wellness tips, cultural notes and more. Incorporating the knowledge of expert contributors and tastemakers, along with our own editorial eye and uncompromising style, issues are delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday.
The goop City Guides App is available for $3.99/£2.49 from the App Store on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and comes with guides to New York, London and soon-to-be-released Los Angeles.