NEW YORK and LONDON, June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Functionality Future Proofs Front to Back Offices to Meet Exacting Regulatory Standards
For financial firms looking to keep up with recent regulatory reform, GoldenSource Corporation, a leading enterprise data management solutions provider, has today announced the generally available release of EDM Suite version 8.3.1 (EDM 8.3.1). Already successfully implemented with a client through its Powered By program, EDM 8.3.1 consolidates disparate data feeds and provides increased functionality for independent price verification and price scrubbing for more reliable asset valuations. In addition to benefitting from the vendor's existing golden copy data delivery model, front to back office desks now have greater visibility of end-to-end risk positions, in a user friendly environment.
"With the Dodd-Frank Legislation, creation of the Office of Financial Research (OFR) in the U.S. and similar regulatory reform in other regions, firms are taking a more structured and proactive approach towards risk management," says Mike Meriton, CEO, GoldenSource. "Achieving a single view of the business is more critical than ever as firms need to look at their current situation and be able to comply with regulations as well as prepare to quickly adapt to requirements of new regulations on the horizon. Mitigating counterparty risk is high on the agenda, and companies need increased access to granular data in order to realize a clear, end-to-end view of risk positions."
EDM 8.3.1 builds on the workflow and validation tools delivered in EDM 8.2 and links product, customer and counterparty, as well as position and transaction data. As a result risk managers, traders and compliance managers develop a firm wide view of risk including the additional visibility, audibility, and accuracy of data required to meet their exacting regulatory standards.
"Flexibility and control are two lynchpins in minimizing risk and achieving compliance in today's market," says Tom Stock, senior vice president of product management, GoldenSource. "Recent financial reforms are driving companies to demand more robust systems that take into account the different criteria and rules sets, as well as different service levels required per downstream consumers of pricing data. EDM 8.3.1 provides the capability of enhanced rules based on pricing, enabling financial firms to provide additional value to their customers."
Key enhancements to GoldenSource EDM 8.3.1 include:
- Independent price validation (IPV), scrubbing and Golden Copy rules on one system
- allowing customers to set client specific rules;
- with streamlined workflows and connections to independent pricing providers such as MarkIt, SuperDerivatives, Interactive Data;
- New public finance feeds from Standard & Poor's and Moody's, adding government and municipal ratings to the existing corporate ratings;
- Look through processing - EDM 8.3.1 allows customers to drill through to underlying funds, providing visibility of individual components as well as of direct and indirect holding of a particular security, providing a more accurate view of percentages held to ensure regulatory compliance;
- New user friendly front end based on GoldenSource's data model delivery method, providing the best of scalable and robust access to data with on terminal visibility of connections via RSS feeds and enhanced security direct and master screens.
GoldenSource EDM 8.3.1 is available for general use immediately.
Note to editors: screenshots and demo are available on request.
GoldenSource makes it easy to manage critical reference and market data. We offer an integrated Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform for the securities and investment management industry.
Our innovative products are designed to create, maintain and distribute a trusted golden copy. Our unique data model covers all financial instruments, customers and counterparties, and extends to transactions and positions. The ability to connect, organize and aggregate trusted information reduces risk, drives better decisions and helps our customers achieve their goals. GoldenSource solutions are used by forward-looking banks, brokers, investment managers and service providers to reconcile tactical departmental goals and strategic enterprise objectives.
A proven supplier of on premises EDM solutions to the world's largest financial institutions, GoldenSource also powers managed data services via the innovative Powered by GoldenSource™ program.
For more information:
Metia on behalf of GoldenSource
U.S. press office UK press office
Sheryl Lee Sam Keefe
Tel: +1-917-320-6462 Tel. +44(0)20-3100-3650
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org