SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global glycols market size is projected to reach USD 47.26 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. Recovering end-use industries in developed nations is a key driving factor for the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of volume, the global market volume was estimated at 20.57 million tons in 2018. It is likely to register a CAGR of 5.3% from 2019 to 2025
- Asia Pacific accounted for over 44.0% of the global demand in 2018, with China and India being major consumers in the region
- In 2018, Monoethylene glycol (MEG) accounted for over 85.0% of the total ethylene glycol demand. MEG is widely used in polyester fibers and antifreeze formulations
- Globally, around 5.5. billion gallons of glycols are produced every year and the production rate is growing at the rate of approximately 200 million gallons per year
- EPA has listed glycol waste as hazardous and estimates only 12.0% of used antifreeze is recycled every year
- Major glycol manufacturers include BASF SE, AkzoNobel N.V., Clariant AG, and Huntsman Corporation
- Many glycol products are nowadays aiming at recycling and reusing to comply with stringent environmental and sustainability regulations, especially in North America and Europe.
Read 102 page research report with TOC on "Glycol Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Ethylene, Propylene), By Application (Automotive, HVAC, Textiles, Polyester Fibers & Resins, Airline), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glycols-market
Ethylene glycol is used in several applications that entail intermediaries for solvent couplers, resins, for freeze point depression, and humectants. These points of applications are crucial in manufacturing of a wide range of products that include polyester resins, coolants, antifreeze formulations, heat transfer fluids, latex paints, paper, textiles, cosmetic formulations, leather, solvents, electrolytic capacitors, and APIs.
Obtainability of bio-based glycols manufactured by ethylene and propylene glycol molasses as substitutes in various applications, combined with volatility in raw material (petrochemicals and crude oils) prices, is expected to limit market growth over the forecast period. Glycol manufacturing companies are engaged in developing innovative solutions in the form of new products, increasing processing efficiency, and developing tailored supply chain solutions.
Grand View Research has segmented the global glycols market on the basis of product, application, and region.
- Glycols Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ethylene Glycol
- Monoethylene Glycol
- Diethylene Glycol
- Triethylene Glycol
- Propylene Glycol
- Glycols Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Auto Retail
- Auto Traditional
- Specialty Applications
- Pipeline Maintenance
- Polyester Fibers & Resins
- Food & Beverages
- Glycols Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- New England
- East North Central
- West North Central
- South Atlantic
- East South Central
- West South Central
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Paraffin Wax Market – Paraffin Wax Market is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years owing to its growing application in candles, packaging and cosmetic industry.
- Wax Melts Market - The global wax melts market is expected to grow on account of rising focus on the longevity of fragrances.
- Leather Chemicals Market - Increasing premium leather products demand is projected to positively influence the global leather chemicals market over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc