DUBLIN, October 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Virtual Reality Market Outlook: Technology, Solutions, Content, and Applications 2016 - 2021" report to their offering.
The purpose of Virtual Reality (VR) technology is to provide a near-real experience using reality emulation in a virtual environment. The VR market is poised to experience a massive transformation over the next five years driven by advances in devices, apps, components, content, and broadband communication.
The anticipated precipitative price decline for consumer headsets will also spur VR market growth, causing app and content development to reach an inflection point. Robust growth of VR headsets will be seen in both high-end and mid-tier adoptions. Fully immersive VR systems will gain substantial momentum by 2020.
This research provides an in-depth assessment of the VR market including the following:
- Analysis of VR ecosystem and role of value chain partners
- Evaluation of recent VR patent filings and intellectual property
- Analysis of current price metrics VR devices, apps, and content
- Assessment of key VR companies and solutions with SWOT analysis
- Analysis of emerging business models and evolution of VR monetization
- Analysis of VR component market: devices, software, hardware, platforms
- Analysis of key VR growth drivers, market challenges, and emerging opportunities
Select Report Findings:
- Overall global VR revenue is expected to grow at 39.1% from 2016 to 2021
- NA market share of 39% to lead through 2021, superseded by APAC by 2025
- Global VR active users will grow by 147% CAGR during the forecasted period
- Gaming and entertainment will lead VR content with more than 70% market share
- VR will evolve from semi-immersive technology to fully immersive technology by 2025
- VR Forecasts 2016 - 2021
- VR Future and Roadmap 2016 - 2021
- Identify the impact of VR in major industries
- Identify market drivers for VR commercialization
- Understand AR and VR convergence and mixed reality
- Recognize the impact of supporting technologies on VR
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
4 VR Ecosystem
5 VR Device, Software and Component
6 VR Technology and Supporting Device Platform
7 VR Market Application
8 Virtual Reality Company Analysis
9 Conclusions, Future Market Direction, and Recommendations
- Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- Google Inc.
- HTC Corporation
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Ion Virtual Technology Corporation
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Magic Leap, Inc.
- Mattel, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oculus VR, LLC
- Panasonic Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Sixense Entertainment, Inc.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc
- Sony Corporation
- The Nielsen Company (Us), Llc
- Unity Technologies
- ZTE Corporation
- Zeiss VR One
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n8kmrl/virtual_reality
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets