DUBLIN, Apr. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Market: Analysis By Type of Approach (Transfemoral and Transapical), By Region, By Country: Opportunities and Forecast (2017-2022)" report to their offering.
The global market is projected to display a robust growth represented by a CAGR of 18.30% during 2017-2022, chiefly driven by large number of product approvals and launches, rising geriatric population, rapid adoption in U.S. and growing awareness about minimally invasive techniques.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) has been a ground-breaking advancement in the field of interventional cardiology and cardiovascular surgery. Although, surgical aortic valve replacement is considered the standard treatment, yet 30% of patients are not considered candidates for traditional open heart surgery because of advanced age and presence of multiple comorbidities. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement offers this population a less invasive treatment option also with better outcomes. Over the recent years, the global TAVR industry has been growing rapidly mainly due to growing number of elderly population, rising awareness about minimally invasive devices, new device approvals and increasing health expenditure in developing countries.
Among the type of approach, transfemoral retrograde is the most common catheter-based approach and is performed in approximately 70% to 80% of the total TAVR cases, globally. Among the regions, Europe accounts for the largest regional share in the total TAVR market in 2016. However, Asia Pacific is predicted to advance at the highest rate, mainly driven by increase in healthcare expenditure coupled with growing penetration and awareness about technologically advanced heart valve therapies.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- JenaValve Technology Inc.
- Medtronic Plc
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- St. Jude Medical Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Strategic Recommendation
4. Heart Valve Devices Outlook
5. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Outlook
6. Global Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Market: Growth and Forecast
7. Global Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Market-By Type of Approach
8. Global Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Market: Regional Analysis
9. Market Dynamics
10. Market Trends
11. Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Market
12. SWOT Analysis -Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Market
13. Competitive Landscape
14. Policy and Regulatory Landscape
15. Company Profiling
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jx2qsp/global
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets